• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blooming Tulip Aviva

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blooming Tulip Aviva

Just tried to sort out (cancel and transfer) my wife's car insurance.

Aviva haven't got proof of the 9 years no claims she has as "we only need 5 so that's all we recorded and because we knew you had 5 we didn't bother to document the rest".

Oh and I can't stop the policy auto-renewing because its in my wife's name and they don't let you do it online. mad The direct debit is however cancelled. 45 minutes on the phone and to say I'm slightly annoyed would be an understatement.

Then on to Churchill (well the section that was Lloyds tsb until mid 2011) who we used before. Well you had 8 years no claims so you can have proof of that it won't be a problem sir. If you have a fax number I'll send the document over today.

So the British born call centre was a crap as a very crap crap thing especially as they said all other companies apply the same rules (which my second phone call rather disproved). Meanwhile the Yorkshire based call centre with a definite Asian accent (its in Leeds so not that surprising) was as excellent and helpful as they always have been.

Mind you Aviva are based in Norwich so that probably explains everything.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Beware that some systems only record single digits too, I had the same problem when i moved insurance company, was due 12 years, but they only ever recorded 9 as they could move beyond that!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Just tried to sort out (cancel and transfer) my wife's car insurance.

Aviva haven't got proof of the 9 years no claims she has as "we only need 5 so that's all we recorded and because we knew you had 5 we didn't bother to document the rest".

Oh and I can't stop the policy auto-renewing because its in my wife's name and they don't let you do it online. mad The direct debit is however cancelled. 45 minutes on the phone and to say I'm slightly annoyed would be an understatement.

Then on to Churchill (well the section that was Lloyds tsb until mid 2011) who we used before. Well you had 8 years no claims so you can have proof of that it won't be a problem sir. If you have a fax number I'll send the document over today.

So the British born call centre was a crap as a very crap crap thing especially as they said all other companies apply the same rules (which my second phone call rather disproved). Meanwhile the Yorkshire based call centre with a definite Asian accent (its in Leeds so not that surprising) was as excellent and helpful as they always have been.

Mind you Aviva are based in Norwich so that probably explains everything.
      It's not going to be the fault of the call centre. It will the fault of the system that they used and whoever built it.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
        It's not going to be the fault of the call centre. It will the fault of the system that they used and whoever built it.
        No in this case its the fault of the business management. Only a bunch of tulippy .... would request and design a full on web site from which everything can be done bar cancelling automatic renewals. Its intentional and blooming annoying...

Comment

Last time i claimed on my insurance was 1992 which was not a 'my fault claim.' Last time my wife claimed was around 1985 IIRC.

So, we both have over 20 years non claim record. However, most insurance companies only recognise 5 years NCB in respect of actual discount.

Admiral and Tesco are the only ins co's we've used who record a non claim record of 15 years or so but even then, they only take the last 5 years to calculate your discount. So long as you have and can prove a continuous period of 5 years without claiming, your discount wont be affected.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Last time i claimed on my insurance was 1992 which was not a 'my fault claim.' Last time my wife claimed was around 1985 IIRC.

So, we both have over 20 years non claim record. However, most insurance companies only recognise 5 years NCB in respect of actual discount.

Admiral and Tesco are the only ins co's we've used who record a non claim record of 15 years or so but even then, they only take the last 5 years to calculate your discount. So long as you have and can prove a continuous period of 5 years without claiming, your discount wont be affected.
            The RBS systems (Directline, Churchill, Privilege) track up to 9 years no claims and it impacts the quote. Granted it wasn't a big difference £12-15 or so for each additional year but the difference between 5 years and 9 was 1 reasonable meal out (or 1 hour of my time).

Comment

Which is why I always use Privilege. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Working...
              X