• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Tory leader we should have had

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tory leader we should have had

Found this on Vlad III, AKA Vlad the Impaler, probably inspiration for Dracula.

Vlad Dracula was very concerned that all his subjects work and contribute to the common welfare. He once noticed that the poor, vagrants, beggars and cripples had become very numerous in his land. Consequently, he issued an invitation to all the poor and sick in Wallachia to come to Tirgoviste for a great feast, claiming that no one should go hungry in his land. As the poor and crippled arrived in the city they were ushered into a great hall where a fabulous feast was prepared for them. The guests ate and drank late into the night. Vlad himself then made an appearance and asked them, "What else do you desire? Do you want to be without cares, lacking nothing in this world?" When they responded positively Vlad ordered the hall boarded up and set on fire. None escaped the flames. Vlad explained his action to the boyars by claiming that he did this "in order that they represent no further burden to other men, and that no one will be poor in my realm."
    Isnt this the sort of guy we should have had as Tory leader instead of the blithering Cameron?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

That's a fitting text for 1000th post xoggoth...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
      Found this on Vlad III, AKA Vlad the Impaler, probably inspiration for Dracula.

Isnt this the sort of guy we should have had as Tory leader instead of the blithering Cameron?
      Well Im sorry but not even Vlad "its only fair" impaler would get away with that in todays pc and health and safety environment!

Mailman

Comment

Isn't that the same chap who nailed a slipper to a bloke's forehead? I can just imagine all those chavs with their burberry permanently affixed with judicious use of a nail gun.

Comment

Vlad the Impaler gets a really bad press, I blame his opponents for the nasty propoganda over his Pro-Turkish stance in the 'European Union' of that day.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X