• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie Tax Confusion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Tax Confusion

Hi. I have recently been offered a days IT contracting work to get experience after not being able to get a full time role due to lack for experience. However I do not know if this will effect the tax on my current full time admin job? Can anyone advise?

Originally posted by SarahG View Post
    Hi. I have recently been offered a days IT contracting work to get experience after not being able to get a full time role due to lack for experience. However I do not know if this will effect the tax on my current full time admin job? Can anyone advise?
    Is it one day in total or one day a week?

Comment

Hi Sarah

If you're just working for a day then you can simply declare the extra income on your tax return, and pay any extra tax then. It won't effect your employment income or tax at all. Call HMRC to let them know you need a return for 2012/13.

ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
        Is it one day in total or one day a week?
        One day in total

Comment

Originally posted by SarahG View Post
          One day in total
          See the answer above from Clare
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
          X