• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Battery....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Battery....

Follow on from my 'Laying up a Car' thread due to not being allowed to drive for six months....

Just whipped the fooker off, it's the screw type terminal connector, not the normal battery post type, so the croc clips on the trickle charger are not suitable, nothing 'comes off' the connectors at car end, so I'm buggered. I think there are battery post terminals to screw in for charging, anyone familiar?

Hunting for 5/16th bolts now!

Surely every man has a biscuit tin with a selection of nuts, bolts, screws and curtain hooks?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Surely every man has a biscuit tin with a selection of nuts, bolts, screws and curtain hooks?
      and wall plugs

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Follow on from my 'Laying up a Car' thread due to not being allowed to drive for six months....

Just whipped the fooker off, it's the screw type terminal connector, not the normal battery post type, so the croc clips on the trickle charger are not suitable, nothing 'comes off' the connectors at car end, so I'm buggered. I think there are battery post terminals to screw in for charging, anyone familiar?

you answered your own question, just put a couple of bolts in and to be honest they don't need to be the right size, just find something that will screw into the first couple of threads (don't try and wind it right in) as long as you get metal to metal connection your optimizer\battery charger will tell you if its charging

Comment

Buy two big croc clips from an Auto-shop, connect them to the battery, and connect your trickle charger to them instead :-)
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

When I read the title I assumed that you had been arrested for beating up someone's motor.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
              you answered your own question, just put a couple of bolts in and to be honest they don't need to be the right size, just find something that will screw into the first couple of threads (don't try and wind it right in) as long as you get metal to metal connection your optimizer\battery charger will tell you if its charging
              yeah, got some - they seem be made of some horrible alloy, may not conduct, trying....

I have had boxes of shiite that 'might come in' for jobs like this - the current mrs stek made me throw them all out....

Now we had tidyness but have to buy something everytime we need something.

I'm turning into my dad, aren't I?

Comment

yeah, got some - they seem be made of some horrible alloy, may not conduct, trying....

I have had boxes of shiite that 'might come in' for jobs like this - the current mrs stek made me throw them all out....

Now we had tidyness but have to buy something everytime we need something.

I'm turning into my dad, aren't I?
                Do you have a stick that you keep specifically to stir paint ?
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Do you have a stick that you keep specifically to stir paint ?
                  Not yet, but I'm interested.

I turn lights off, knock a few degrees off the heating thermo everytime I walk past, and worst of all, I don't understand Twitter....

Comment

Eh?

All batteries have a sticky uppy terminal of sorts. The croc clip should still be able to grab these.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X