• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you ready for BRIXIT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you ready for BRIXIT?

Asian banks prepare for British exit from the EU – Telegraph Blogs

One slight problem - it assumes there will be fiscal union. Little chance of that.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Asian banks prepare for British exit from the EU – Telegraph Blogs

One slight problem - it assumes there will be fiscal union. Little chance of that.
    No, the Asian banks have a point. If Britain does leave the EU (and Deutschland is rooting for that) there will be practically no more obstacles to an EU-wide full fiscal union.

However I think the banks are hiding the real truth: that, regardless of the EU/Euro fiscal union/collapse/whatever, the British economy is tulip and finance in this country is based on this air.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

I think we should do everything we possibly can to exit Europe with the lamers and scroungers it harbours.

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
        and Deutschland is rooting for that
        Not too convinced about that - the EU is funded solely by Britain and Germany (when netted out) - even France are net beneficiaries. I don't think German taxpayers will want to pick up Britain's contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          Not too convinced about that - the EU is funded solely by Britain and Germany (when netted out) - even France are net beneficiaries. I don't think German taxpayers will want to pick up Britain's contributions.
          I think the hard working Germans are already getting fed up at watching the Southerners live it up at their expense. If fiscal union is proposed I think that the Northern and Southern blocs are way way too far apart to reach agreement.

And even if a European wide tax rate was agreed I doubt the latins would pay anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I think the hard working Germans are already getting fed up at watching the Southerners live it up at their expense.
            True - of course the biggest irony about that is the main reason why Germany is so successful is that the southern states were so profligate. Had they been frugal, they wouldn't have bought all those german goods that drove the german economy over the past decade.

That's why the system is so completely screwed - every possible route out of this swamp is littered with landmines.

Comment

Where will it all end?

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                I beg your pardon, this is rubbish! Look at this official document from the HM treasury:
                http://www.official-documents.gov.uk.../8232/8232.pdf

Scroll down to page 18, I see in descending order of net contribution: Germany, France, Italy, UK. These are the latest official figures from 2009.
                <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

If we did exit it would have to be combined with a fiscal swing to the right. We'd have to become the tax haven of Europe and I think we'd do well if we did that. But if we didn't change anything i think it would be a bad idea.

Comment

Britain is already the tax heaven of Europe and global capital of money laundering. Juts ask those you know at HSBC. How low can you go?

London is the ‘global capital of money-laundering’: TBIJ

Comment

Working...
                    X