PDA

View Full Version : US PGA Live Action

Malcolm Buggeridge
9th August 2012, 14:07
Now the action has started I took the liberty of creating a new thread for us to post our updates.

McIlroy among the early starters. Currently 5th on 1 under.

doomage
9th August 2012, 15:21
Any updates yet? It's been over an hour!

Malcolm Buggeridge
9th August 2012, 15:32
Any updates yet? It's been over an hour!

McIlroy in 2nd on 3 under.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be spending the evening in the clubhouse watching the action as previously thought.

We're all getting turfed out at 6 o' clock as they're hosting a fundraiser for the local Lions club :tantrum:

doomage
9th August 2012, 15:57
What a useless sockie!

Doggy Styles
9th August 2012, 22:22
I'd be surprised if either of the Mollinaris won Malc, but given the surprise major winners over the past few years, I wouldn't rule it out.

Two of my favourite players are in contention, Daly and Jiminez. Not for long I expect.

Malcolm Buggeridge
10th August 2012, 13:03
Rory did well didn't he DS?

Malcolm Buggeridge
10th August 2012, 13:06
Daly and Jiminez. Not for long I expect.

Yes, I'll never forget the play off between Daly and Rocca in , what 1995, at Royal Troon?

As for Jiminez, I'm surprised he's there. Won't all his cigars get confiscated at customs?

Basil Fawlty
10th August 2012, 13:45
Yes, I'll never forget the play off between Daly and Rocca in , what 1995, at Royal Troon?

As for Jiminez, I'm surprised he's there. Won't all his cigars get confiscated at customs?

Great start from Jamie Donaldson today....go on son !

Although looks like Westwood has played himself out of contention again unless he does something special today.

Doggy Styles
10th August 2012, 13:59

As for Jiminez, I'm surprised he's there. Won't all his cigars get confiscated at customs?I believe Daly versus Rocca was at St Andrews, when Rocca did that monster putt through the Valley Of Sin on the 18th to force the play-off. Marvellous entertainment!

Yes, everyone is surprised when Jiminez is there, but he's a good player and a proper bloke - big cigars, likes his wine, middle-aged, pot belly, pony tail, nearly always smiling. I'm led to believe he's a very popular chap among his peers on tour and in the Ryder Cup squad.

Doggy Styles
10th August 2012, 13:59
Rory did well didn't he DS?He did!

Malcolm Buggeridge
11th August 2012, 02:48
Woods shares lead with Singh and Petterson at the end of day 2.

He only hit 10 greens in regulation! Imagine where he'd be if he could find his long game.

Doggy Styles
11th August 2012, 17:46
Malc, my TV is having kittens trying to render John Daly's trousers, have you seen them today? Unfortunately Daly has slipped down the field so we might not see much more of him.

I'm glad to see Rose thrusting up.

Malcolm Buggeridge
12th August 2012, 00:08
Malc, my TV is having kittens trying to render John Daly's trousers, have you seen them today? Unfortunately Daly has slipped down the field so we might not see much more of him.

I'm glad to see Rose thrusting up.

Nothing would make me more happy than to see Rose win a major

We've thrashed this out before - where did he play that amazing round as a rookie at the Open? I have it in my mind that it was Carnoustie but you said it was elsewhere.

Malcolm Buggeridge
12th August 2012, 23:03
Go Rory :banana::banana:

I think the jobs a gooodun + 5 strokes clear with a few holes to go.

SimonMac
12th August 2012, 23:47
Stand Up For The Ulstermen!!!!

Doggy Styles
13th August 2012, 08:19
Well, Rory certainly dominated that one didn't he!

I expect he's now of sufficient status to be invited onto the Jonathan Ross show, a real tongue-twister for the host! :D

oracleslave
13th August 2012, 08:24
Feels like that performance kind of came out of nowhere, i.e he has been pretty ordinary for the last 8 months and then all of a sudden something just clicked.

Doggy Styles
13th August 2012, 08:52
Feels like that performance kind of came out of nowhere, i.e he has been pretty ordinary for the last 8 months and then all of a sudden something just clicked.That's a good point. But I suppose you find that with most major winners at the moment.

I must admit I was hoping Poulter would win, but you can't keep getting birdies like he was at the start.

oracleslave
13th August 2012, 09:00
That's a good point. But I suppose you find that with most major winners at the moment.

I must admit I was hoping Poulter would win, but you can't keep getting birdies like he was at the start.

For Poulter to have had a chance, he needed Rory to feel the pressure of his charge, he didn't and won going away. Be interesting to see how Rory responds to the pressure when it's a bit closer in a major as the 2 he has won, no-one has been close enough to trouble him.

oscarose
13th August 2012, 17:02
Feels like that performance kind of came out of nowhere, i.e he has been pretty ordinary for the last 8 months and then all of a sudden something just clicked.

Too much time rooting that tennis player.

:emb