• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We must be bad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We must be bad

Even the Americans are surprised at how biased and parachial the BBC coverage is at the Olympic Games.

In the past, apart from the occasional lapse, the BBC were pretty balanced. Now I must admit I find it all a bit cringeworthy, even worse than the US Olympic coverage at Los Angeles 1984.

Are the BBC that bad or am I imagining it?

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Even the Americans are surprised at how biased and parachial the BBC coverage is at the Olympic Games.

In the past, apart from the occasional lapse, the BBC were pretty balanced. Now I must admit I find it all a bit cringeworthy, even worse than the US Olympic coverage at Los Angeles 1984.

Take him to the Tower!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

In the build up to the athletics on Wednesday it was seriously cringe-worthy being in the stadium. Kris Akabusi ranting and raving like an USA rapper was embarrassing and they showed nothing but re-runs of GB gold medal winners on the big screens.

Comment

What about the biased coverage when the general elections are on and the presenters unashamedly support New Labour ?

What about the biased coverage when GDP stats are in and BBC presenters keep harping about how conservatives destroyed the economy and that New Labour is the only option ?

That BBC is biased is an open secret and the conservatives once even refused to send a cabinet member to QuestionTime.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

My US friends tell me the NBC coverage is terrible, and even got me to upload the BBC opening ceremony in HD for a few of them - 10.8gb!

Comment

I think the US have a got a bloody nerve to be honest. They whoop & clap everytime one of them goes to the bathroom in a bar back in the US.

At a recent conference they were really getting on my tits. Not only mine. In a session held by a Scottish guy the following day, he started by saying 'Theres good news and bad news. The good news is there will be no high fives or whooping, the bad news there's a test at the end of the session'. Simple and understated.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              My US friends tell me the NBC coverage is terrible
              WSS

The medal table changes between Total medals & No of Golds depending on how they're doing against China.

Comment

Who cares? It's the BBC (the clue's in the name) and these are the British Olympics. There's always Eurosport if it annoys you.

Why should a British organisation be neutral when just about every other country is quite happy to big up their own events/athletes (esp. the US)? And I doubt the Chinese coverage was too impartial.
                Gronda Gronda

Comment

If they (the BBC) were being impartial then the press and most of the public would be jumping up and down screaming at them for not getting behind Team GB enough
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    What about the biased coverage when the general elections are on and the presenters unashamedly support New Labour ?

What about the biased coverage when GDP stats are in and BBC presenters keep harping about how conservatives destroyed the economy and that New Labour is the only option ?

Really?

Comment

Working...
                    X