• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Passports WTF!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passports WTF!

Passports WFT!

Until now I have always managed to get a replacement passport or renewal the same day or within a few days by post. After getting photos done to the latest specification and sending it via the Post Office checking service; it took four weeks! There were no replies to my online enquiries about the status, and it seems to have taken ten days to get to me since it was issued.

The new way of printing makes the photo of me look like a Madame Tussauds wax head of a dark skinned Bob rather than an Anglo Saxon. It may work (unlikely) on automatic scanning but anywhere else in the world they will be expecting a Bob.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Passports WFT!

Until now I have always managed to get a replacement passport or renewal the same day or within a few days by post. After getting photos done to the latest specification and sending it via the Post Office checking service; it took four weeks! There were no replies to my online enquiries about the status, and it seems to have taken ten days to get to me since it was issued.

The new way of printing makes the photo of me look like a Madame Tussauds wax head of a dark skinned Bob rather than an Anglo Saxon. It may work (unlikely) on automatic scanning but anywhere else in the world they will be expecting a Bob.
    You are Cameroonian Olympic absconder and I claim my Five pounds....

If you are Cameroonian you are claiming you are gay and claiming you are persecuted too, so another Five Pounds for being a bender.

So is that 15 or 10?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

... The new way of printing makes the photo of me look like a Madame Tussauds wax head of a dark skinned Bob rather than an Anglo Saxon. It may work (unlikely) on automatic scanning but anywhere else in the world they will be expecting a Bob.
      Did you try ringing the Passport Office? I wouldn't be surprised if they were processed and printed in India now

OH in "Sorry for the passport delayings sir. It will be ready in a very soon moment from now" mode
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Did you try ringing the Passport Office? I wouldn't be surprised if they were processed and printed in India now

OH in "Sorry for the passport delayings sir. It will be ready in a very soon moment from now" mode
        They're printed in Chadderton near Manchester
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Much the same then?

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
            Much the same then?
            Not since partition
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

And every so often a batch of 'em go missing.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                And every so often a batch of 'em go missing.
                whats a 1000 or so blank passports between friends
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

whats a 1000 or so blank passports between friends
                  £150 a pop. How many do you want?

Comment

There was an article in the torygraph about 10 days ago. The normal turnaround for passports is between 4 and 6 weeks. The 'same day' service is running at around 3 weeks with only Durham(?) I think being able to accept new applications for the time being.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X