PDA

View Full Version : Passports WTF!

Paddy
10th August 2012, 14:53
Passports WFT!

Until now I have always managed to get a replacement passport or renewal the same day or within a few days by post. After getting photos done to the latest specification and sending it via the Post Office checking service; it took four weeks! There were no replies to my online enquiries about the status, and it seems to have taken ten days to get to me since it was issued.

The new way of printing makes the photo of me look like a Madame Tussauds wax head of a dark skinned Bob rather than an Anglo Saxon. It may work (unlikely) on automatic scanning but anywhere else in the world they will be expecting a Bob. :mad

stek
10th August 2012, 14:57
Passports WFT!

Until now I have always managed to get a replacement passport or renewal the same day or within a few days by post. After getting photos done to the latest specification and sending it via the Post Office checking service; it took four weeks! There were no replies to my online enquiries about the status, and it seems to have taken ten days to get to me since it was issued.

The new way of printing makes the photo of me look like a Madame Tussauds wax head of a dark skinned Bob rather than an Anglo Saxon. It may work (unlikely) on automatic scanning but anywhere else in the world they will be expecting a Bob. :mad

You are Cameroonian Olympic absconder and I claim my Five pounds....

If you are Cameroonian you are claiming you are gay and claiming you are persecuted too, so another Five Pounds for being a bender.

So is that 15 or 10?

OwlHoot
10th August 2012, 15:25
... The new way of printing makes the photo of me look like a Madame Tussauds wax head of a dark skinned Bob rather than an Anglo Saxon. It may work (unlikely) on automatic scanning but anywhere else in the world they will be expecting a Bob. :mad

Did you try ringing the Passport Office? I wouldn't be surprised if they were processed and printed in India now

OH in "Sorry for the passport delayings sir. It will be ready in a very soon moment from now" mode

Spacecadet
10th August 2012, 15:27
Did you try ringing the Passport Office? I wouldn't be surprised if they were processed and printed in India now

OH in "Sorry for the passport delayings sir. It will be ready in a very soon moment from now" mode

They're printed in Chadderton near Manchester

bless 'em all
10th August 2012, 15:58

Much the same then?

Spacecadet
10th August 2012, 16:05
Much the same then?

Not since partition ;)

SupremeSpod
10th August 2012, 16:32

And every so often a batch of 'em go missing.

Spacecadet
10th August 2012, 16:38
And every so often a batch of 'em go missing.

whats a 1000 or so blank passports between friends

SupremeSpod
10th August 2012, 16:58
whats a 1000 or so blank passports between friends

£150 a pop. How many do you want?

BolshieBastard
10th August 2012, 19:40
There was an article in the torygraph about 10 days ago. The normal turnaround for passports is between 4 and 6 weeks. The 'same day' service is running at around 3 weeks with only Durham(?) I think being able to accept new applications for the time being.

Sysman
11th August 2012, 18:57
Did you try ringing the Passport Office?

:rollin:

Where's that "screams of laughter" smiley when you want it?

(OK I'm going back to the early 1980s there, when they were on strike, but it is indelibly stamped on my memory because they didn't give a hoot if I lost that job abroad by delaying a renewal)