• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the bench for another week!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the bench for another week!

I'm getting seriously pi55ed off with this contracting lark. I am up for 2 big jobs and one cr@p one to 'pay the bills'.

One is at a client I used to work for before, doing pretty much what I did for them also (for about 3 years) and they are fannying about. The agent, although pleasent enough has to deal with a HR drone and can't find out who the PM is - I could use the contacts I have within the company if I could get this persons name (a very big pharma company - SAP project)

The second is with a high street bank in Knutsford where I could do the job easily, but in the agents own words, 'the client won't be rushed'. Well what is the bloody point of asking for CV's if they then sit on them to the point that all the people now have jobs.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Customer is king, Tony, customer is king.

Hope something crops us soon for you though.

Comment

I agree, but why start getting the wheels in motion only to sit on the CV's so long that those interested in the role get other contracts and become unavailable.

in 'sick of surfing Jobserve' mode
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Think your ratio of 3 contracts is a bit low for this time of year , especially with World Cup as well.

I would expect to have about 5 or 6 CV's in the trawl net before getting a result in a reasonable time period.

Comment

Actually there are now 2 at the big pharma company, one at the bank, one I don't want but will probably get. There is also one in at a public sector role in Leeds and one in a role in Halifax which seems to have died now.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
            in 'sick of surfing Jobserve' mode
            Feck Jobserve. Get your CV out there on various sites.

F in "Pro-active, not reactive mode"
            We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Partake in some crime. It's the most reliable industry these days.
              Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

"Feck Jobserve. Get your CV out there on various sites.

F in "Pro-active, not reactive mode"

Which ones would you suggest? I've tended to use Jobserve in the past but it seems to have gone decidedly w@nk of late.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I just got a positive hit on CWJobs.co.uk

Sticking your CV on Monster gets a lot of hits but about 50% rubbish asking for Sharepoint and Java when I don't know tulip about either.
                  Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

My CV is in for a short term but quite well paying role also. So that adds another to the count of CV's never to be heard of again....

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X