PDA

View Full Version : Dinner served in a giant Yorkshire pudding

mudskipper
10th August 2012, 19:46
Today, I am the best mum in the world. :)

(yes, dinner did call for a slug of wine :) )

mudskipper
10th August 2012, 19:50
Does such a thing exist?

A book of recipes requiring just a small glass of wine leaving the dilemma of what to do with the remainder of the bottle.

Might make a good plan B. I think I'll call it "Recipes with wine"

NickFitz
10th August 2012, 20:06
Does such a thing exist?

A book of recipes requiring just a small glass of wine leaving the dilemma of what to do with the remainder of the bottle.

This is what the world has been lacking up to this point :yay:

Cliphead
10th August 2012, 20:06
Ooh, well done!

Got a friend over for dinner tomorrow and just wondering what to do. Doesn't have to be a special but must involve wine :wink

mudskipper
10th August 2012, 20:10
Ooh, well done!

Got a friend over for dinner tomorrow and just wondering what to do. Doesn't have to be a special but must involve wine :wink

How's the lovelife going? Still on for getting hitched?

Cliphead
10th August 2012, 20:13
How's the lovelife going? Still on for getting hitched?

Wanna buy an engagement ring? Three P1 diamonds, 18 carat gold.

Love life's going great :smokin

mudskipper
10th August 2012, 20:17
Wanna buy an engagement ring? Three P1 diamonds, 18 carat gold.

Love life's going great :smokin

My engagement ring came from argos. It was reduced to half price from £200. I don't wear it because it brings me out in a rash.

Just hit 22 year anniversary. Been hinting that an eternity ring (with at least one extra zero on the price tag) might be called for. He got me a card....

Cliphead
10th August 2012, 20:24
My engagement ring came from argos. It was reduced to half price from £200. I don't wear it because it brings me out in a rash.

Just hit 22 year anniversary. Been hinting that an eternity ring (with at least one extra zero on the price tag) might be called for. He got me a card....

:laugh

At least you've clocked up 22 years. I'm not very pretty but I'm very fussy.

BrilloPad
10th August 2012, 20:25

How much is a slug?

mudskipper
10th August 2012, 20:31
How much is a slug?

A wee bit out the top of the bottle. Mebbe half a glass. Just for colour/flavour.

Although I've found the colour/flavour is better enjoyed unadulterated by casserole.

administrator
10th August 2012, 20:57

Dinner in a giant yorkie pud is definitely top Mum material - nice one! Just don't let them see you pi**ed :D

Gentile
10th August 2012, 22:40
Was it a big Yorkshire pud each, or a giant Yorkshire pud between you? These details are important.

Either way you've made me hungry. :)

mudskipper
11th August 2012, 06:40
One each. To hold all the gravy.

Bacchus
11th August 2012, 07:18
One each. To hold all the gravy.

Perfect.

The pub in the village where I was staying last week used to have the following menu

1 Yorkshire Pudding and Gravy
2 Yorkshire Puddinga and Gravy
3 Yorkshire Puddinga and Gravy
Any of the above with meat

Simple stuff done well...

norrahe
11th August 2012, 09:42
Perfect.

The pub in the village where I was staying last week used to have the following menu

1 Yorkshire Pudding and Gravy
2 Yorkshire Puddinga and Gravy
3 Yorkshire Puddinga and Gravy
Any of the above with meat

Simple stuff done well...

What's the address of the pub?

Yorkshire pud and meaty gravy, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Used to always make too many ( well you can never have too many) puds to go with the beef.

norrahe
11th August 2012, 09:43
Does such a thing exist?

I think Keith Floyd beat you to it :D :laugh

SimonMac
11th August 2012, 09:46

I here by dub thee an honorary Tyke.

Does such a thing exist?

If only there was a way to put the cork back in to save you having to drink the whole bottle once opened

norrahe
11th August 2012, 09:48
I here by dub thee an honorary Tyke.

If only there was a way to put the cork back in to save you having to drink the whole bottle once opened

Once it is open it has to be drunk!

I can't remember the last time we had wine left over in our house.

mudskipper
11th August 2012, 09:54
Once it is open it has to be drunk!

I can't remember the last time we had wine left over in our house.

WSS. I'm sure it says "Must be consumed within two hours of opening" somewhere on the bottle.

Bacchus
11th August 2012, 10:13
What's the address of the pub?

Yorkshire pud and meaty gravy, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Used to always make too many ( well you can never have too many) puds to go with the beef.

That was the Farmer's Boy in Shepley. Gone a bit gastro now, vegetables 'n that :wink

Went out for a more traditional meal up there once and brother of Bacchus had Yorkshire Pud with gravy as a starter, beef and Yorkshire Pud for a main, and Yorkshire Pud with jam and custard for a dessert

It's such a versatile food and covers all the major food-groups. Actually you can make them big enough to cover almost anything (I make a huge slab in a baking tray, don't ponce about with the little round ones...) :glasses

norrahe
11th August 2012, 10:14
WSS. I'm sure it says "Must be consumed within two hours of opening" somewhere on the bottle.

Besides the NorPusses demand they have the corks to play with as soon as we crack open a bottle. They come running over as soon as they hear the bottle being opened.

They have developed a preference for champagne corks (the weight makes them more fun to play with). :emb

Gentile
11th August 2012, 10:30
Besides the NorPusses demand they have the corks to play with as soon as we crack open a bottle. They come running over as soon as they hear the bottle being opened.

They have developed a preference for champagne corks (the weight makes them more fun to play with). :emb

It's Kit-Kat wrappers with my cat. I've tried explaining to her that it's just a brand name, and that they're not actually for cats, but she still can't resist chasing around balled-up silver foil and wrappers. The minute she hears the distinctive sound of the foil being ripped, she comes running.

norrahe
11th August 2012, 13:28
Dinner in a giant yorkie pud is definitely top Mum material - nice one! Just don't let them see you pi**ed :D

I want to know why there aren't any pics! :mad

mudskipper
11th August 2012, 15:46

Hehe, the Norpusses have expensive tastes.

norrahe
11th August 2012, 21:01
Hehe, the Norpusses have expensive tastes.

More embarrassing when the clean is told "there might be a few wine corks about the place", only to find that she's quite thorough and she's managed to find a "lot" which have been shunted under sofas. Not nice when your cats show exactly how much you've been drinking over the past year :eek :emb