• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starting a Thread From The Platform at Leicester Square

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a Thread From The Platform at Leicester Square

Have we done this yet?

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Have we done this yet?
    Gricer?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Which platform in particular?

Comment

What's it like down there ? is there really a lack of tourists ?

it's supposed to be a buyers market at the moment

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          Which platform in particular?
          Northern Line, northbound.

The wifi down there seems pretty good, though I don't know how well it copes during busy times.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Northern Line, northbound.

The wifi down there seems pretty good, though I don't know how well it copes during busy times.
            WIFI on the tube now?
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              WIFI on the tube now?
              Didn't work for me last week going to the Olympics.

Comment

Could someone hack Curiosity and create a thread from Mars? Wonder whats it's IP address is. It should have a built in web server connected to a web cam so anyone can view!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  Didn't work for me last week going to the Olympics.
                  Didn't work for me initially because I was trying to use Tweetbot and Mail. Turns out you need to let your web browser be redirected to a signup page and stick in an mail address.

But I can imagine it just not working due to too many connections during the rush hour.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    What's it like down there ? is there really a lack of tourists ?

it's supposed to be a buyers market at the moment

I've seen Long Acre busier on a wet Tuesday lunchtime in February than it was at 4 yesterday afternoon. Covent Garden plaza was packed, but it always is.

Tower Bridge was busy with people taking photos of one another, and the bit of park next to the council building, where they had the games on a big screen, was rammed.

Oxford Street and Regent Street were really crowded, but again, probably no more than usual.

Comment

Working...
                    X