• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People on Ebay are stoopid!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People on Ebay are stoopid!!

I thought it might be nice to get a few of my favourite series in Blu Ray. For instance Stargate Atlantis. A quick check on Amazon shows i can get the whole thing brand new from them for £47.97 not bad for 5 series. But I dont mind a second hand one off Ebay, so I have a look but most of these below are "new unopened"

The one Im watching now finishes in 5 hours and is already at £45.51! Why?

Looking at completed items, an auction on the 4/8 finished for £77.00 + £2.25 postage. Two BIN were sold at £65.95 another at £56.95.

It seems that people being so dumb, you could buy from Amazon and then make a few quid (£31.28 in the last auction)

Is it auction fever?

Try Play.com probably even cheaper there. Or tr local ads. Or cash convertors. Sounds like Amazon is taking you for a mug.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Try Play.com probably even cheaper there. Or tr local ads. Or cash convertors. Sounds like Amazon is taking you for a mug.
      Do you mean Amazon? I think theirs is a great price.

Play.Com 15 new from £59.95 Also available used from £69.99

Comment

A few years ago, I decided to sell a set of six of the MaccyD's coke glasses just to see how much they'd get. They came free with a meal, or you could walk in and buy them for 99p each, but you did have to go at the right times to get all the colours.

I got £38 plus postage.

Edit: feck sake, it's still going on! Get down there! mcdonalds coke glasses | eBay UK

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          A few years ago, I decided to sell a set of six of the MaccyD's coke glasses just to see how much they'd get. They came free with a meal, or you could walk in and buy them for 99p each, but you did have to go at the right times to get all the colours.

I got £38 plus postage.

Edit: feck sake, it's still going on! Get down there! mcdonalds coke glasses | eBay UK
          We had those coke glasses, but never ate in Mctulipes, I think Asda gave them away with coke.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
            We had those coke glasses, but never ate in Mctulipes, I think Asda gave them away with coke.
            K2P2 is in Maccie D's so much she's got her own private table. I've heard the next new burger is going to be named after her.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Already is. My maiden name was MacDonald.

(edit: believe me, the first 3 letters of my married surname would not make for a good burger!)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                K2P2 is in Maccie D's so much she's got her own private table. I've heard the next new burger is going to be named after her.
                K2 sounds a great name for a burger, its like a mountain of ermm processed crap.

Comment

I thought it might be nice to get a few of my favourite series in Blu Ray. For instance Stargate Atlantis. A quick check on Amazon shows i can get the whole thing brand new from them for £47.97 not bad for 5 series. But I dont mind a second hand one off Ebay, so I have a look but most of these below are "new unopened"

The one Im watching now finishes in 5 hours and is already at £45.51! Why?

Looking at completed items, an auction on the 4/8 finished for £77.00 + £2.25 postage. Two BIN were sold at £65.95 another at £56.95.

It seems that people being so dumb, you could buy from Amazon and then make a few quid (£31.28 in the last auction)

Is it auction fever?
                  Stopped using Ebay many years ago for this very reason. Seems most second-hand goods on there are cheaper brand-new off Amazon most of the time.

Ebay used to be good in the early days, but now it's just a home for Traders, not regular folks. And according to the last few "police reality" programs I've watched on TV, it seems most stolen goods go the Ebay route as well.

Mind you, Computer Exchange (CEX) and Game on the high-street are just as bad: most of the second-hand items in their shops can be purchased brand-new from Amazon for around the same price - and with free delivery.
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

K2 sounds a great name for a burger, its like a mountain of ermm processed crap.
                    Sounds good. Does it come with cheese? Large fries and a diet coke with mine please.

Comment

Working...
                    X