• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wife, kids and dogs have buggered off to see her mum...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife, kids and dogs have buggered off to see her mum...

Sat about at home trying to think of a reason not to go and read a newspaper in a pub...

Anyone got any better ideas?

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Sat about at home trying to think of a reason not to go and read a newspaper in a pub...

Well there's only the marathon and wrestling on telly so unless you want one of those head to the pub.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Why would you need one? Get yourself out there. If you can find a pub that serves Sunday breakfast, all the better.

Comment

A pub AND a newspaper. Talk about working class AND old fashioned.

Comment

Watching Zombieland and it's rather enjoyable.

Rule 31: Check the back seats!

Finds a bag of guns.

Big Guns

"Thank God for rednecks!"
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post

A pub AND a newspaper. Talk about working class AND old fashioned.
            WHS - Next thing bobspud will be telling us he has his own pewter tankard hanging on the wall behind the bar
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              WHS - Next thing bobspud will be telling us he has his own pewter tankard hanging on the wall behind the bar
              I think bobspud had a great idea. Not everyone wants to head down the gay bar to read Fisting Monthly.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                I think bobspud had a great idea. Not everyone wants to head down the gay bar to read Fisting Monthly.
                Who goes to a bar or pub to read anything? Stay at home and enjoy cheaper alcohol, a quiet atmosphere suited to reading, and a toilet without piss on the floor.

Comment

I am in the same boat. Wife went Friday morning and back tonight. Personally I spent all weekend training. Why not do the same?

Who was it who told me the best way to train for an iron man is curry, lager and dancing girls?

Comment

Spent the afternoon in all bar one in Bath. A few glasses of red wine, a steak and the broadsheets to read. I used to get to do it loads more when I worked in the docklands and I have to say a very civilised way to pass a few hours.

There are many better pubs around down here, but for an anonymous lunch, left to ones own thoughts its hard to beat All Bar One.

Never been one to drink on my own at home.

Comment

Working...
                    X