PDA

View Full Version : Wife, kids and dogs have buggered off to see her mum...

bobspud
12th August 2012, 10:42
Sat about at home trying to think of a reason not to go and read a newspaper in a pub...

Anyone got any better ideas?

eek
12th August 2012, 10:59
Sat about at home trying to think of a reason not to go and read a newspaper in a pub...

Well there's only the marathon and wrestling on telly so unless you want one of those head to the pub.

Gentile
12th August 2012, 10:59

Why would you need one? Get yourself out there. If you can find a pub that serves Sunday breakfast, all the better.

escapeUK
12th August 2012, 11:40
A pub AND a newspaper. Talk about working class AND old fashioned. :tongue

Sysman
12th August 2012, 14:30
Watching Zombieland (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1156398/) and it's rather enjoyable.

Rule 31: Check the back seats!

Finds a bag of guns.

Big Guns

"Thank God for rednecks!"

OwlHoot
12th August 2012, 15:33
A pub AND a newspaper. Talk about working class AND old fashioned. :tongue

WHS - Next thing bobspud will be telling us he has his own pewter tankard hanging on the wall behind the bar :laugh

Old Greg
12th August 2012, 15:41
WHS - Next thing bobspud will be telling us he has his own pewter tankard hanging on the wall behind the bar :laugh

I think bobspud had a great idea. Not everyone wants to head down the gay bar to read Fisting Monthly.

escapeUK
12th August 2012, 16:59
I think bobspud had a great idea. Not everyone wants to head down the gay bar to read Fisting Monthly.

Who goes to a bar or pub to read anything? Stay at home and enjoy cheaper alcohol, a quiet atmosphere suited to reading, and a toilet without piss on the floor.

BrilloPad
12th August 2012, 17:03

I am in the same boat. Wife went Friday morning and back tonight. Personally I spent all weekend training. Why not do the same?

Who was it who told me the best way to train for an iron man is curry, lager and dancing girls?

bobspud
12th August 2012, 17:50
Spent the afternoon in all bar one in Bath. A few glasses of red wine, a steak and the broadsheets to read. I used to get to do it loads more when I worked in the docklands and I have to say a very civilised way to pass a few hours.

There are many better pubs around down here, but for an anonymous lunch, left to ones own thoughts its hard to beat All Bar One.

Never been one to drink on my own at home.

Old Greg
12th August 2012, 18:00
Who goes to a bar or pub to read anything? Stay at home and enjoy cheaper alcohol, a quiet atmosphere suited to reading, and a toilet without piss on the floor.

I love reading in the pub, especially if it has decent ales on tap.

EternalOptimist
12th August 2012, 18:51
what a fantastic way to spend a free hour or two.

some of my fondest memories are from a gig in Dartford. finished at 4

by ten past 4 I was sitting in the rose perfumed beer garden, doing the sudukio
without a care in the world

perfect

:rolleyes:

Gentile
12th August 2012, 18:52
I love reading in the pub, especially if it has decent ales on tap.

Beats getting pissed in a library, that's for sure.

Sysman
12th August 2012, 19:32
what a fantastic way to spend a free hour or two.

some of my fondest memories are from a gig in Dartford. finished at 4

by ten past 4 I was sitting in the rose perfumed beer garden, doing the sudukio
without a care in the world

perfect

I remember a gig like that. No overtime allowed, I'd hit the pub shortly after 5 and get stuck into the crossword.

After the crossword I'd read the rest of the paper before heading off for food and it made a very pleasant end to the day.