• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dodgy car dealer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dodgy car dealer

i have ccj against a car dealer ltd, he basically got £400 of my deposit and not returning it,he ignored the court.
    since then i paid some money to debt recovery on (on one occasion they wrote to him on 2nd occasion they went to his old business address but a difrent company trading there now )

so far it has taken over 15 month and spent £250 on court and debt recovery fees etc,

debt recovery guys have told me that he has closed down his business recently
    bue he is director of 2 more car companies at diffrent location, they happy to charge me more fees go to his home address this time
    but they unsure whether they can recover anymoney as he could claim thedebt is owned by old company and not him etc...

has any of you dealt with debtors in the past? any advice?

Originally posted by calacik View Post
    i have ccj against a car dealer ltd, he basically got £400 of my deposit and not returning it,he ignored the court.
    since then i paid some money to debt recovery on (on one occasion they wrote to him on 2nd occasion they went to his old business address but a difrent company trading there now )

so far it has taken over 15 month and spent £250 on court and debt recovery fees etc,

bue he is director of 2 more car companies at diffrent location, they happy to charge me more fees go to his home address this time
    but they unsure whether they can recover anymoney as he could claim thedebt is owned by old company and not him etc...

For a £400 claim you've paid £250 in fees. I would give up mate as you're not getting anywhere.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The solution is simple. Write the debt off. Go and buy a £10 can of Nitromors, and pay his car lot a visit out of office hours.

HTH

Comment

You can't this kind of thing stand, go to his new place and ask to test drive the most expensive car, and wrap it round a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
          You can't this kind of thing stand, go to his new place and ask to test drive the most expensive car, and wrap it round a tree.
          **** yeah! Two wrongs do make a right!

To the OP, why did you change your mind about the car and want the return of your deposit?

Just asking like...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

To the OP, why did you change your mind about the car and want the return of your deposit?

Just asking like...
            I have never meet someone who doesn't have a sense of humor, what's it like?

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
              I have never meet someone who doesn't have a sense of humor, what's it like?
              Russel, you're doing pretty well all by yourself.

Don't go changing.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                For a £400 claim you've paid £250 in fees. I would give up mate as you're not getting anywhere.
                Car dealerships seldom return a deposit. I had a similar situation with a VW dealership; I kept the conversation amicable and eventually after three weeks they gave the deposit money back.

Considering the difficulty I had getting the money back from a reputable company such as VW, I doubt a local dealer will give your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

Just asking like...
                  Why did you reject it.

From the dealers point of view, I suspect the deposit is there to stop time wasters while he takes a car off the market. I would never pay a deposit as a car is a car. If it gets sold so be it. Ford have made more than one focus, BMW have made more than one 3 series etc Plenty of others on the market
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

You have two options imo.

Continue to throw good money after bad or write the loss off.

Im not sure if you can go back to court and get the costs of trying to get the money off this guy but either way, you'll have to spend more money in an effort to get him to cough up. Couldnt you have got the baliffs in instead of this debt recovery people who seem almost as big a shysters as the dealer?

I wouldnt take matter into your own hands if I was you ie nitromoors, crashing cars etc. That'll just get you in lumber.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X