• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC changing business bank account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC changing business bank account

Hi,

I have just changed my business bank account and I pay for VAT via direct debit. I am enrolled for HMRC online services and they say here that I can change it online, however I don't see any option to change it. Anyone done this recently?

Once you are logged in, click on "Change registration details" - there you can set the bank account that any repayments get paid into. You can't change the direct debit instruction via the HMRC - you must do this yourself directly with your bank. This explains a bit more; HM Revenue & Customs: Changes to your business details and your VAT registration
    2012 CUK Reader Awards - '...Capital City Accountancy, all of whom were outside the top three yet still won compliments from CUK readers for their services' - well, its not an award, but we'll take it! - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
    2011 CUK Reader Awards - Top 3 - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
    || Check us out at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/capi...ccountancy-ltd

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
      Hi,

I have just changed my business bank account and I pay for VAT via direct debit. I am enrolled for HMRC online services and they say here that I can change it online, however I don't see any option to change it. Anyone done this recently?
      Changed your accountant yet?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Greg@CapitalCity View Post
        Once you are logged in, click on "Change registration details" - there you can set the bank account that any repayments get paid into. You can't change the direct debit instruction via the HMRC - you must do this yourself directly with your bank. This explains a bit more; HM Revenue & Customs: Changes to your business details and your VAT registration
        Thanks Greg, when logged in I only see "Change registration details" under the VAT section, not at the top level. Is that the place you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          How is that relevant?

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
            Thanks Greg, when logged in I only see "Change registration details" under the VAT section, not at the top level. Is that the place you mean?
            Yep, that's the place I mean. Good luck!
            2012 CUK Reader Awards - '...Capital City Accountancy, all of whom were outside the top three yet still won compliments from CUK readers for their services' - well, its not an award, but we'll take it! - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
            2011 CUK Reader Awards - Top 3 - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
            || Check us out at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/capi...ccountancy-ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Greg@CapitalCity View Post
              Yep, that's the place I mean. Good luck!
              I just get a form asking for VAT details nothing about bank accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eek again.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Turns out I need to fax it.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I don't get it? You can change bank accounts without changing accountants?

Comment

Working...
                    X