• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Borderlands 2 - 21st September

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borderlands 2 - 21st September

Any one up for some Co-op?

Looks like it's gonna be a goodie.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

Wasn't a huge fan of the first one, TBH. B2 is looking better, but will wait on the reviews.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      Wasn't a huge fan of the first one, TBH. B2 is looking better, but will wait on the reviews.
      You must have missed something, BL1 was a pleasant surprise for a game that wasn't marketed so much.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

hmmm, I really enjoyed Borderlands (so many great guns!) but just started Skyrim which looks like it might take until the end of time to complete.

Nudge again in 1 month. Failing that I will definitely get it in the xmas or next years summer sale.
        Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Knee deep in Dark souls! great game.. frustrating at times tho

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
            hmmm, I really enjoyed Borderlands (so many great guns!) but just started Skyrim which looks like it might take until the end of time to complete.

Nudge again in 1 month. Failing that I will definitely get it in the xmas or next years summer sale.
            Skyrim, that's you sorted until sometime in 2013. . Enjoy it, it sucked 200 hours out of my life. Elders Scrolls Online coming in 2013 I think.

1 month is about right as BL2 is out on the 21st.
            Last edited by Scrag Meister; 14 August 2012, 15:14.

Comment

Skyrim, that's you sorted until sometime in 2013. . Enjoy it, it sucked 200 hours out of my life.
              I keep stumbling into dark caverns full of nasty, nasty beasts that I'm not equipped to deal with. The trolls are particularly tough.
              Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

You must have missed something, BL1 was a pleasant surprise for a game that wasn't marketed so much.
                Didn't miss anything, just didn't like the game. And a £10 million marketing budget wouldn't have changed my opinion.

Even "Official" magazines like XBM (who normally refuse to give anything less than 90% for fear of upsetting publishers and Microsoft) only gave it 80% (so in reality, make that a 60%). To quote their review: Much more than the sum of its parts, but unfortunately said parts are only an okay FPS and an okay RPG, both fairly no-frills and functional. It's a roast dinner without gravy followed by an apple pie without custard. Nothing's wrong, but you can't shake the nagging feeling that something's missing.

Edge mag (who's reviews are much more balanced and fairer) gave it just 60%.

Sure, there were also many positive reviews. I guess it was just one of those games that split opinions.

Here's hoping B2 is much better.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Enjoyed B1 as single then multiplay with L4D2/WoW guildies but the one nagging issue was the infinite choices of weapons and analysing their stats quickly to work out what was better. Myself and fellow WoW guildies had no probs but the L4D2 guys always moaned about that and as a result are not too fussed about B2.

Anyone know if they've "simplified" that part of the game for non RPG-ers?

(sorry, being a lazy git and CUKing expertise rather than Googling...!)
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

OK it's the 21st September as per original title.

Wife has the package in her hand.

This weekend I will mainly be pla..

Comment

Working...
                    X