• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Travel Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Travel Insurance

Here's one for you hardened Contarators.

While Traveling/Working (Europe mostly) for my client, is my client covering me for any accidents I may have while working Travelling?

At the moment they book us Tickets/Hotels the same way as the permy staff...paying by a company Amex card.

I am wondering if I am insured as a contractor, or if I should take out my own Business Insurance, or indeed start arranging my own travel....

Comments please chaps!

Enquiries were made to Management about Travel Insurance.....Now they are saying that the "procedure" has changed, and we should arraange our own travel/hotels through there allocated Travel Agent!...........mmmmm!

Comment

I bought my own travel insurance, I found clubdirect very competitive.

Budget airlines are charging per flight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Daywalker

Budget airlines are charging per flight as well.
        But does that cover you for Work as well? Or is it like Holiday travel insurance?

Comment

I've discovered I'm not covered by the company, I have personal travel insurance, so I'm checking to see if I'm covered by the personal travel. About the booking myself, my client normally pay, but look to be switching, I know the client also get contractors from Manpower, who will book travel but charge a 8% fee for doing so. So if I have to pay for my own travel, I might start doing the same. Next week I'm in Paris all week, leaving tomorrow. the following week at least 2 days, and then possibly 4 days the week after that, the cost is fairly high..........
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Daywalker
            I bought my own fleet of aircraft. I found Boeing very competitive.

HTH
            Threaded.

Comment

right not covered by the holiday insurance, so just phoned Tesco and got my self covered, in Europe £45.65 inc, theft and accidents. not so bad..... and I think I'll bill the client!
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
                I bought my own fleet of aircraft. I found Boeing very competitive.

HTH
                Threaded.
                Bad move. Wet Lease is the way to go.
                HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
                  Bad move. Wet Lease is the way to go.
                  Well, it was Threaded doing the buying.

Comment

Working...
                  X