• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Application Front End in C#

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application Front End in C#

Does anyone have any handy links for a site which can quickly walk a novice through how to build an application front end in C#?

Don't need anything fancy!

TIA
    Coffee's for closers

Windows.Forms is easy enough - just drag and drop....WPF is slightly harder for somebody has never used the technology.

GE

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Does anyone have any handy links for a site which can quickly walk a novice through how to build an application front end in C#?

TIA
      Try here for some video tutorials.
      "How Do I?" Videos for Visual C#

Start Visual Studio 2010
      Goto File, New Project.
      Select installed templates\Visual C#\Windows, now select Windows Forms Application.
      That will give you a basic form application.
      Open Form1 on the screen. Goto menu item View, select Toolbox and drag controls onto the form.
      Last edited by insur; 15 August 2012, 08:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

TIA
        Drop Gentile a PM....
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Drop Gentile a PM....
          I can only help if you send me some tests first.

Shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours. I don't need anything fancy, and anyway it's just typing, isn't it?

Just, you know, a 'basic' set of some 'standard' tests. You do use the same ones for every project no matter what the type of project or technologies being used, don't you? Web/Windows/Checking an OLAP Cube has been built correctly, they're all the same.

If you can even send me a basic walkthrough of How To test An Application, that's all I need really. I'm not sure why they pay people hundreds of pounds a day to do this. It doesn't sound that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post

Shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours. I don't need anything fancy, and anyway it's just typing, isn't it?

Just, you know, a 'basic' set of some 'standard' tests. You do use the same ones for every project no matter what the type of project or technologies being used, don't you? Web/Windows/Checking an OLAP Cube has been built correctly, they're all the same.

If you can even send me a basic walkthrough of How To test An Application, that's all I need really. I'm not sure why they pay people hundreds of pounds a day to do this. It doesn't sound that hard.
            FFS, you're a bit bloody touchy. Should I suggest he waits a week before he asks you ?

He wanted to know something about C# Application development, I seem to remember you at some point mentioning that you might know something about it, so suggested that he contact you. WTF you having a go at me for ?

<removed>
            Last edited by NotAllThere; 15 August 2012, 11:11. Reason: Inappropriate language removed

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              FFS, you're a bit bloody touchy. Should I suggest he waits a week before he asks you ?

He wanted to know something about C# Application development, I seem to remember you at some point mentioning that you might know something about it, so suggested that he contact you. WTF you having a go at me for ?

<removed>.
              And I seem to remember you know something about testing, which was why I asked you for some tests. I even said I didn't need anything fancy and everything. I can't help you any more than that.

What's the matter, was what I asked too general a question to be meaningfully answered, or something?
              Last edited by NotAllThere; 15 August 2012, 11:12. Reason: Inappropriate language removed

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post

I think TM was suggesting that you might have some helpful handy links that the OP asked for

Comment

Only you could start with "I'll leave it there" and still manage to follow it up with more than sixty words

Comment

<removed>

does that mean you aren't going to suggest any site for spaceboy ?
                    Last edited by NotAllThere; 15 August 2012, 11:14. Reason: bickering removed

Comment

Working...
                    X