• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you use protection?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you use protection?

Obviously I'm referring to screen protectors for touch screen phones, tablets etc.

Do they actually provide much protection or do they hamper the stylus or finger movement?

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Obviously I'm referring to screen protectors for touch screen phones, tablets etc.

Do they actually provide much protection or do they hamper the stylus or finger movement?
    Never use them. Crap they are. Always seem to come off after a bit anyway.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

I don't see the point of all these cases and protectors. I take case of my android phone and even though I don't use a case or screen protector, its still looking ok - hardly antyscratches etc Cases seem a lot more common for iphones. I think from a styling point of view they look quite nice. That is until you pop it into a horrible rubber case. I know loads of people who do this and they say it's so that it keeps the phone looking nice....nice for who? For the person you end up flogging it to? For the duration you own it, it looks like a big rubber phone.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I got one for my new phone. Tough as the screen is, it's not impervious and since my phone lives in my pocket where I may have stuffed my keys, I'm nervous how good this Gorilla Glass is.

Of course the protectors are way less tough so my screen now looks like it has a scratch but that's fine... I'm also thinking about re-sale value so I can sell it looking as-new.

I really hate how touch-screens get all icky from finger smears too - you don't really notice when using it due to the viewing angle, but looking from the side it's gross and sharing an iPad is horrible... how many people must use them while/after eating?!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My missus bought me an iPod Touch a couple of months ago.

Just as I was getting out of the car on Friday night I dropped it and the screen was smashed to smithereens. If you look at an iPod Touch, the glass comes all the way to the edge & there is no protective border around it as there is on my HTC phone (which I am dropping all the time & has never broken) meaning protection is essential.

To be fair to Apple though, they will replace a broken one within 3 years of purchase for a fee of £40. Guess I'm going to have to fork out another £30 for one of their protective sleeves as well

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I'm nervous how good this Gorilla Glass is.
            The Nokia Lumia 900 display takes hits with a hammer and a nail, lives to tell the story - YouTube

Saw this, imitated it, screen got through fine.

Dropped phone under car seat, came out with 3 hairline scratches on one side.... work that out.

Comment

I always buy cases and screen protectors for my phones and have found that it keeps them in better condition, I hate scratches etc on my devices it drives me up the wall.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

I have gouged caverns into previous screens by putting my phone into pockets with keys and stuff so always put protectors on.

If you put them on right you do not notice them and make no difference to the touch screen, they also cost a pound. no brainer really.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                  My missus bought me an iPod Touch a couple of months ago.

Just as I was getting out of the car on Friday night I dropped it and the screen was smashed to smithereens. If you look at an iPod Touch, the glass comes all the way to the edge & there is no protective border around it as there is on my HTC phone (which I am dropping all the time & has never broken) meaning protection is essential.

To be fair to Apple though, they will replace a broken one within 3 years of purchase for a fee of £40. Guess I'm going to have to fork out another £30 for one of their protective sleeves as well
                  Dropping it is not going to be helped by a screen protector
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Dropping it is not going to be helped by a screen protector
                    No, I'm going to need a full on armoured case.

Didn't realise the screens were so vulnerable on the Touch.

Comment

Working...
                    X