• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New York to London in < 1 Hour?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York to London in < 1 Hour?

Not just yet anyway:

Hypersonic craft test ends in failure

We should be investing in transporter technology. Beam me up, Scottie, and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      We should be investing in transporter technology. Beam me up, Scottie, and all that.
      Who would work it? The people I work with cant even manage to put paper in the copier or not piss on the seat in the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        Who would work it? The people I work with cant even manage to put paper in the copier or not piss on the seat in the toilet.
        Ah ha, they thought of that. After all, you never hear Kirk saying "Beam me up, Bob" do you?

Comment

Quote "A vehicle traveling at Mach 6 (six times the speed of sound) would be able to travel from New York to London in just one hour."

Except if it crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Ah ha, they thought of that. After all, you never hear Kirk saying "Beam me up, Bob" do you?
            Followed by "Er, when exactly can you install my legs back into live, Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta?"
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I hope they persevere. This sort of thing never works the first time you try it. You have to keep going and figure out where you're going wrong.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                I hope they persevere. This sort of thing never works the first time you try it. You have to keep going and figure out where you're going wrong.
                I'll wait for light speed thanks.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                  Quote "A vehicle traveling at Mach 6 (six times the speed of sound) would be able to travel from New York to London in just one hour."

Except if it crashes.
                  Then it would circle HR for an hour waiting for a landing slot

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    Then it would circle HR for an hour waiting for a landing slot
                    Then 1 hour at the airport.

Once when I was trying to get out of LAX it took 4 hours due to them fingerprinting both hands and asking various personal questions to every single passenger. It seemed that 3 or 4 planes from China had landed all at once so the translators were having to rush about. In the queue one guy said to a steard "Im first class" in a pompous manner and the steward said "No first class in here buddy",...class.

Comment

Working...
                    X