• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gmail on iPhone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gmail on iPhone

I've decided to get an iPhone as I'm now p!ssed off with Android.

How well does Gmail work with iPhone? I hear (but don't know) that the native email app on iPhone doesn't integrate with Gmail very well (e.g. Gmail contacts not synced with iPhone contacts). Yet I hear that the Gmail app is a bit crap.

Lots of iPhone users on here I know... some of you must have Gmail too.

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I've decided to get an iPhone as I'm now p!ssed off with Android.

How well does Gmail work with iPhone? I hear (but don't know) that the native email app on iPhone doesn't integrate with Gmail very well (e.g. Gmail contacts not synced with iPhone contacts). Yet I hear that the Gmail app is a bit crap.

Lots of iPhone users on here I know... some of you must have Gmail too.
    I have iPhone and use Gmail, their app is very very very good, very usable.

Comment

If you follow the steps here it works very well.

HTH
      Last edited by Netraider; 16 August 2012, 11:18. Reason: Spelling!!
      SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

I have an iPad not an iPhone but I think it'll be similar...

I wasn't too impressed using the built-in mail app. But the GMail app is very good, although I'm strongly convinced it's really just the mobile web-site wrapped as an app.

Simply going to gmail.com also works pretty well, it gives you their mobile version.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

GMail app works well on my iPhone and iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I wasn't too impressed using the built-in mail app. But the GMail app is very good, although I'm strongly convinced it's really just the mobile web-site wrapped as an app.

Simply going to gmail.com also works pretty well, it gives you their mobile version.
            Nope it's an actual app
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

How can you tell - the Kindle app is HTML5 for instance not a native app.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Inside information
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

How can you tell - the Kindle app is HTML5 for instance not a native app.
                  It's downloaded from the app store, mobile apps are accessed through Safari browser.

If you mean it makes use of the web UIWebView control then it probably does. I suppose it makes sense as you can write one version and it should hopefully not need much tweaking for different OS's

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                    It's downloaded from the app store, mobile apps are accessed through Safari browser.

If you mean it makes use of the web UIWebView control then it probably does. I suppose it makes sense as you can write one version and it should hopefully not need much tweaking for different OS's

HTH
                    Err I downloaded Kindle from the App Store...

Comment

Working...
                    X