• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The power of intermittent fasting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The power of intermittent fasting

Did you cover this last week? I wouldn't know, what with my Android phone being such a POS !
    BBC News - The power of intermittent fasting

Anyone trying it? It was very interesting programme. I'm fasting today (500 cals by their definition). Feeling peckish now, especially after seeing the kitten curry recipe

Oh well, time for my next cuppa tea now. Yum Yum

Saw it, will not be trying it. What's the point of living longer if you're hungry?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm doing it primarily to lose weight, not to live longer!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I'm doing it primarily to lose weight, not to live longer!
        ...and to save money
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

So eating less a few days actually makes you lose weight?

Comment

Not quite so obvious maybe. I think the point is that abrupt changes acheive where a long term reduction does not. I've noticed this before, if you suddenly and significantly step up the exercise/reduce eating you initially lose weight fast but then, even though you keep to the same exercise regime/calories, the reduction does not continue. Bodies adapt to any regular pattern, to achieve anything you have to ambush them.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I've noticed this before, if you suddenly and significantly step up the exercise/reduce eating you initially lose weight fast but then, even though you keep to the same exercise regime/calories, the reduction does not continue. Bodies adapt to any regular pattern, to achieve anything you have to ambush them.
              Body adapting? LOL. The reduction does continue (assuming you keep the exercise/calorie intake at the same level).

The reduction just slows down, due to your body weighing less therefore it's easier to move yourself around which means it takes less energy.

That's what the voice inside my head told me anyway.
              Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

KUATB

It's in there somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                X