• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I do anything about this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I do anything about this

Have had a couple of issues with one of the other contractors on the team who we will call Bill. Basically he is the junior business analyst and general dogsbody.

First I noticed he was coming in a bit late, admittedly leaving later but I wasn't convinced he was doing his hours, so I sent him a template and asked him to fill in his starting and leaving times each day and send it to me at the end of each week. Never filled it in, and muttered something when I asked him about it and pretty much ignored me.

Now today I happen to mention to someone I'm speaking to that I'll get Bill to bring down a memory stick with some requested files later on. Bill overhears this and totally kicks off, in front of the person I'm speaking to, and worse still in front of the consultancy we are working with, saying that he's "not your ****ing PA" and to "do one" and all the rest of it. Storms off, not seen again for the rest of the day.

Question is, should I raise it with HR and try and get him removed, or just say "not my problem" and accept that some people are lazy/volatile.

Originally posted by BusinessAnalyst2012 View Post
    Have had a couple of issues with one of the other contractors on the team who we will call Bill. Basically he is the junior business analyst and general dogsbody.

First I noticed he was coming in a bit late, admittedly leaving later but I wasn't convinced he was doing his hours, so I sent him a template and asked him to fill in his starting and leaving times each day and send it to me at the end of each week. Never filled it in, and muttered something when I asked him about it and pretty much ignored me.

Now today I happen to mention to someone I'm speaking to that I'll get Bill to bring down a memory stick with some requested files later on. Bill overhears this and totally kicks off, in front of the person I'm speaking to, and worse still in front of the consultancy we are working with, saying that he's "not your ****ing PA" and to "do one" and all the rest of it. Storms off, not seen again for the rest of the day.

Question is, should I raise it with HR and try and get him removed, or just say "not my problem" and accept that some people are lazy/volatile.
    Are you his manager?

If not, WTF are you doing trying to act as his manager?

If you are his manager, you clearly havent explained this to him and his place in the team hierarchy.

Proceed from there ie if not his manager, it isnt up to you to manage him. If you are his manager, you need to pull him to oneside and explain certain things to him.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Depends on if he is actually your problem?

If he is _YOUR_ bitch then I'd tell the consultancy to kick him off site before he gets himself injured in a freak accident with a stair well and a bar of soap...

If he is not _YOUR_ bitch then stop using him as one...

Comment

We're not your f**king HR Manager and you're not his manager. Why don't you do one!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Basically he is the general dogsbody.
          Nice attitude. Remember, dogs bite.

Comment

Some people...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...18-months.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...e-than-me.html

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
              Nice attitude. Remember, dogs bite.
              Wot He Said. There's yer problem right there.

You should be more careful how you talk about or to people. Twat.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

What Twatty Twat McTwattyson Says!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

+1 I wouldn't be surprised if you're the one shown the door not your friend.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What they all said.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X