• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, my first ban

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, my first ban

So, my first ban, fair enough. I thought NAT and others would have got the tongue in cheek humour as it was intended but apparently not.

As I understood it 'targeting' a poster in a thread title was against the rules to prevent abuse. MaryPoppins is under the impression that creating thread asking why I was banned would result in her being banned just because she mentioned my name in a thread title? WTF?

There have been many threads on here that mention a poster by name but don't result in a ban for the OP as they clearly aren't intended to be abusive. General is all things but insulting posts targeted at individuals appears to be fine as long as not mentioned in the thread title?

NAT, if you're going to make a sticky about it then make the rules clear and sort out any ambiguities otherwise leave the job of being a mod up to people smarter than you. Yer now officially a bawbag and it's clear yer not very bright.

Admin, sort yer staff out or indulge in some training / personality profiling.
    Me, me, me...

welcome back clipperino
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      welcome back clipperino
      Thank you m'dear
      Me, me, me...

Comment

I was going to start a thread asking where you were but NAT might have banned me.

Comment

Rule 1. Choose your target wisely. Nobody eve got banned for calling a tool a tool.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ual-tools.html
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Was going to start a 'Welcome back Cliphead' thread, but was worried it wouldn't be allowed
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I feel a bit left out. I want to be banned.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Wasn't it Spod who called it a right of passage on here?

Mention NAT's name in a thread title, job done (even if you're saying he's a good guy, go figure).
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Was going to start a 'Welcome back Cliphead' thread, but was worried it wouldn't be allowed
                  You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TestMangler again.

Me, me, me...

Comment

Start a thread about that bloody Mary Poppins
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X