PDA

View Full Version : You have got to be kidding

John Galt
9th June 2006, 15:03
Drought order applied for (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5064494.stm)

It's a joke.....isn't it.....I mean they cannot be serious....can they :confused:

shaunbhoy
9th June 2006, 15:10
How else are they to maximise shareholder returns?
It has to be fair you see?

AtW
9th June 2006, 15:22
They (water companies) dont exactly PAY for water, so its not question of getting same money for less product, its question of actually having product in the first place - better be safe than sorry.

IT contract agent
9th June 2006, 15:34
They (water companies) dont exactly PAY for water, so its not question of getting same money for less product, its question of actually having product in the first place - better be safe than sorry.

I’m assured there is water there - they're just not paying to get it. We don’t recycle water - bath water gets cleaned then put back into a river. Why can't they clean it a little more so we can re use it as drinking water?

MrsGoof
9th June 2006, 15:37
Why can't they clean it a little more so we can re use it as drinking water?
£££££££ Shareholder and Directors ££££££££££

AtW
9th June 2006, 15:40
Why can't they clean it a little more so we can re use it as drinking water?

Well, I dont know about all houses in the UK, but in those that I lived they had cold water tap and hot water one which ought to be sourced from same single cold water supply used for drinking and cleaning.

Davros
9th June 2006, 15:50
Just buy some shares in Thames Water and cash in.

thunderlizard
9th June 2006, 19:10
They're owned by the Germans. Draw your own conclusions

Fungus
9th June 2006, 20:52
I’m assured there is water there - they're just not paying to get it. We don’t recycle water - bath water gets cleaned then put back into a river. Why can't they clean it a little more so we can re use it as drinking water?

Actually we do recycle water. Some that you drink will have been through someone elses urinary tract. In some areas a large part of water comes from underground aquifers. In other areas it comes from reservoirs. I say we drown some more Welsh villages and the problem will be sorted. There's a limit to how many male voice choirs and overgrown leaks you need.

Pondlife
10th June 2006, 14:37
There's a limit to how many male voice choirs and overgrown leaks you need.

Should be Leeks, or was it a particularly poor pun :confused:

Fungus
10th June 2006, 16:56
Should be Leeks, or was it a particularly poor pun :confused:

No, it was unintentional Fleetwood fodder. Are you holding the fort?

Pondlife
10th June 2006, 18:30
No, it was unintentional Fleetwood fodder. Are you holding the fort?

Not really. I can only do the easy ones. :D

vista
10th June 2006, 19:32
third world britain.