• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You have got to be kidding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have got to be kidding

Drought order applied for

It's a joke.....isn't it.....I mean they cannot be serious....can they

How else are they to maximise shareholder returns?
    It has to be fair you see?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

They (water companies) dont exactly PAY for water, so its not question of getting same money for less product, its question of actually having product in the first place - better be safe than sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        They (water companies) dont exactly PAY for water, so its not question of getting same money for less product, its question of actually having product in the first place - better be safe than sorry.

I’m assured there is water there - they're just not paying to get it. We don’t recycle water - bath water gets cleaned then put back into a river. Why can't they clean it a little more so we can re use it as drinking water?

Comment

Originally posted by IT contract agent
          Why can't they clean it a little more so we can re use it as drinking water?
          £££££££ Shareholder and Directors ££££££££££
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Why can't they clean it a little more so we can re use it as drinking water?
            Well, I dont know about all houses in the UK, but in those that I lived they had cold water tap and hot water one which ought to be sourced from same single cold water supply used for drinking and cleaning.

Comment

Just buy some shares in Thames Water and cash in.

Comment

They're owned by the Germans. Draw your own conclusions

Comment

I’m assured there is water there - they're just not paying to get it. We don’t recycle water - bath water gets cleaned then put back into a river. Why can't they clean it a little more so we can re use it as drinking water?
                  Actually we do recycle water. Some that you drink will have been through someone elses urinary tract. In some areas a large part of water comes from underground aquifers. In other areas it comes from reservoirs. I say we drown some more Welsh villages and the problem will be sorted. There's a limit to how many male voice choirs and overgrown leaks you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
                    There's a limit to how many male voice choirs and overgrown leaks you need.

Should be Leeks, or was it a particularly poor pun

Comment

Working...
                    X