• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mates rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mates rates

Been asked to do something on my present contract that I have absolutely no idea how to do it. So I said, yes, no problem. The reason, I may not know how to do it, but another contractor mate I know does.

Two days work (all evening based) & he's given me a discount on his day rate. Still got to pay him £1000.

How generous.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Been asked to do something on my present contract that I have absolutely no idea how to do it. So I said, yes, no problem. The reason, I may not know how to do it, but another contractor mate I know does.

Two days work (all evening based) & he's given me a discount on his day rate. Still got to pay him £1000.

How generous.
    You have mates?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      You have mates?
      he classes all the people on rent a coder as friends

Comment

How generous.
        If I was him I wouldn't even have accepted it. Don't mix mates with paid work, you can easily lose mates that way.

I mean, what if he works hard but does a bad job. Are you going to withhold the money?

Comment

Been asked to do something on my present contract that I have absolutely no idea how to do it.
          How is that different from normal?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            How is that different from normal?
            I didn't fancy blagging this one.

Comment

Can you outsource it to SY01?

Comment

Can you outsource it to SY01?
                It's only two days work. I need to have a brief chat with someone as opposed to providing a 200 page requirements document, have him set up an offshore team, teach them how to do basic Oracle views, wait for him to question said requirements, have him produce a risk analysis of why the requirements are to vague, watch him post on CUK about how the requirements and offshore are crap and how he's told me the client that it's doomed to fail, see him go off ill for two weeks, before coming back asking for a renewal & pay increase, posting on CUK how I gave him a renewal & pay increase when in fact I terminated him, have him sob outside my house for a week, before flouncing and returning 3 months later as if nothing had happened.

I'll pass thanks.

Comment

Out of interest what is this work - you could have got it for less on CUK

Comment

Out of interest what is this work - you could have got it for less on CUK
                    Probably. It's actually only setting up a SQL Server Enterprise VM etc but it's getting it to interact with something in the cloud & deal with the IT procurement team who don't have any DBA resource whatsoever. My colleague in the US who was doing it as resigned, is leaving today, I'm trying to go on vacation today & then out in the US for another two and this needs to be sorted in the next two weeks.

He's in charge of 30 DBAs for a major company, so needless to say he's going to charge me, but least I know him, trust him and it will get done.

Comment

Working...
                    X