• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Radio 1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio 1

I don't think that it is because I am getting older, some of the stuff that gets played on that station is truly brutal. The grime stuff is hilariously bad.

WTF is that Nicki Minaj all about?

I think it is because you're (not you specifically though) getting older. Either our brains stop being able to learn to enjoy new types of music, or as we get older we stop listening to new music as much and end up stuck in a rut. I think perhaps the latter leads to the former.

I make a conscious effort not to avoid new music - for instance I quite like dubstep. But I agree Menaj is dross... although allegedly her non-pop efforts are less so.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I must have been born old because I don't think that there was ever a point where I liked Radio 1. Unless you count the rock show!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
        I must have been born old because I don't think that there was ever a point where I liked Radio 1. Unless you count the rock show!
        Those were the days!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
          I like that show too - I think R1 do a sterling job with non-prime-time shows; even when it's music I hate the DJs always seem to be great.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Try Radio 6

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              ...or as we get older we stop listening to new music as much and end up stuck in a rut.
              I think I'm going backwards in time... I end up listening to Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday and Django Reinhardt on Spotify now.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

When I'm back in the North West I listen to real XS otherwise its Planet rock in the car or Kerrang, if my digital radio can pick it up. In the flat down here I use internet radio to get stuff from the states. I much prefer how they have things inthe US where stations are themed around a particular type of music.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  I think I'm going backwards in time... I end up listening to Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday and Django Reinhardt on Spotify now.
                  Has Django returned then?

Comment

Radio 1 is a one size fits all station for those people who aren't fortunate enough to live in a city where they have a choice of radio stations.

I think I've only listened to Radio 1 for a total of 6 months of my life - I spent most of my youth listening to pirate radio. It was more fun at university as I was actually listening to people I knew.

Now if I'm in a place were I can't get a lot of radio stations I listen to Radio 2.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X