• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sweepstake on how long it will take Brillopad to finish the iron man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poll to follow - will be public and will close in 24 hours.
    <12
    0.00%
    12-13
    11.76%
    13-14
    17.65%
    14-15
    29.41%
    15-16
    17.65%
    16-17
    11.76%
    >17 = fail
    11.76%
    andyw=adrian brownlee
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Do you mean finish or complete?

I predict you will finish within the first 3 minutes as a massive heart attack renders you brain-dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
      Do you mean finish or complete?

I predict you will finish within the first 3 minutes as a massive heart attack renders you brain-dead.
      Mrs BP - is that you?

PS - I am suprised anyone thinks I am not brain dead now - insult standards in general are slipping.....

Comment

Good luck, i never realised what the iron man challenge actually involved. A lot of admiration for you for putting your body thorugh that for such a good cause

Comment

If you fail to finish I want twice my sponsorship back.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
            Good luck, i never realised what the iron man challenge actually involved. A lot of admiration for you for putting your body thorugh that for such a good cause
            Its not just the race. I have now been preparing for 18 months. Almost no alcohol in that time. The first 6 months I tried to lose weight - no carbs. 2 weeks of the cabbage soup diet. Then I built up minimum fitness for 6 months.

Last 6 months I have trained almost every day apart from injury which cost me 3 weeks including one week of doing zilch. Last 3 months has been at least an hour a day, half 2 hours a day. one weekday I trained four times (morning, lunch, afternoon, evening). one SAturday I trained 10 hours. I have trained a few 8 hours(I have done the IM cycle about 7/8 times).

My only slight issue is that I am a wimp - but it is do or die time!

Comment

Good luck mate. I'll check in on Sunday night and confirm you are ok.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Best of luck Brillo

Comment

Try not to injure yourself while doing it - they'd have difficulties landing the air ambulance on the lake

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Try not to injure yourself while doing it - they'd have difficulties landing the air ambulance on the lake
                    Its okay - they can land it in the Dartford tunnel instead.......

Comment

Working...
                    X