• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Employees Lazy ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Employees Lazy ?

Tackle 'lazy' Britain, fellow Tories tell David Cameron - Politics - News - Evening Standard

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...factories.html
    Last edited by mos; 18 August 2012, 12:00.
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Nice. Trying to blame their economic failings on the actions of a few chavs. There will be chavs always.

What is needed is government removal of red tape, tax cuts and infrastructure projects. And training to make sure the jobs do not go abroad.

Boris for PM?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Nice. Trying to blame their economic failings on the actions of a few chavs. There will be chavs always.

What is needed is government removal of red tape, tax cuts and infrastructure projects. And training to make sure the jobs do not go abroad.

Boris for PM?
      Oi Brillo, wrong ID.

You're supposed to use the DodgyAgent ID for crap like that.

Comment

Raising taxes in the middle of a deep recession surely doesn't help eh? It goes against almost every economic theory out there. Having a numb-brained chancellor doesn't help either.

Sadly there probably isn't much he (nor anyone) can do about the asian tigers. Have we reached the tipping point?
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

That is bulltulip, thinking up great lines and posting them on CUK is hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            Raising taxes in the middle of a deep recession surely doesn't help eh? It goes against almost every economic theory out there.
            Of course it would help if the govt had saved during the "boom" years(even if it was actually a boom illusion).

Even so, I think best way is to inflate our way out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Of course it would help if the govt had saved during the "boom" years(even if it was actually a boom illusion).

Even so, I think best way is to inflate our way out of this.
              I think that's right, which in the end will lead to higher interest rates.

The Aussie dollar is overvalued and killing exports , and Australia is due a recession. Property is way overvalued and a lot of baby boomers are coming to pension age soon. Once they hit 65 and start ditching their investment property because they no longer can use it to reduce tax, the property market will collapse. China are stockpiling resources, and will start applying the screws on the Aussie miners. Government tax policy will be the final nail. The Aussie dollar will fall.

Buying GBP/AUD now while it's cheap will pay off in the next 10 years, for sure. Wish I could park the dosh but I will need it.

Comment

It's Tory crap. Why don't they stop the Bank of E. from flooding the market with artificially cheap money for the financial sector? Why would you want to wake up at 4 in the morning to so proper work when you can get money for nothing and reinvest it in gilts?
                <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

They might be more convincing if they themselves had any experience of working long hard hours for a crap wage. But they don't: Hard-working Tory MPs on “lazy British workers”

Comment

As a generalisation, they are right.

Too many people wanting someone else to 'invest' in them instead of taking the initiative themselves.

But the British aren't the worst in Europe for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X