• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School Playing Grounds petition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School Playing Grounds petition

Hi Owly, thanks so much for signing the petition to protect school playing fields.

The petition is growing fast, but we need more people to sign it. Could you help by asking your friends to sign up now? You can forward the email below.

You can also click the Twitter or Facebook links below to easily share it with your friends.

Facebook: https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/playing-fields-facebook

Twitter: https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/playing-fields-twitter

Thanks again,

Ian, Marie, Hannah, Belinda and the 38 Degrees team

--
    Hi,

Have a look at this:
    https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/playing-fields

I've just signed the 38 Degrees petition to protect our school playing fields. Many people are worried this could mean children end up losing the space they need to play.

Without their playing fields it’s hard to imagine the children of today - the Team GB of tomorrow - will ever match this year’s record Olympic medal haul. If playing fields are sold off and built on, there’ll be no way to get them back.

Please sign the petition now:
    https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/playing-fields

From,
    John
    Worth signing in the forlorn hope of maybe slightly reducing the average weight of the next generation of obese little butterballs
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Worth signing in the forlorn hope of maybe slightly reducing the average weight of the next generation of obese little butterballs
    I remember how I hated tulip like this. I went to school to get skills to earn money (though they failed at that really), not be to be stood outside in the rain kicking a football around.

Wasnt just me, as once we got to the age where you could choose what you did for PE, everyone abandoned stuff like this and went ten pin bowling.

Comment

Academy schools can sell what they like. They are free from the shackles of state interference.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        I remember how I hated tulip like this. I went to school to get skills to earn money (though they failed at that really), not be to be stood outside in the rain kicking a football around.

Wasnt just me, as once we got to the age where you could choose what you did for PE, everyone abandoned stuff like this and went ten pin bowling.
        Poor you you really suffered - once we got to GCSE year we had snooker, ice-skating, squash, gym...... The idea was to make us do sports that we would continue to do out of school.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sport is as important as academics. If you are thick and can play sport then sport will give a child an avenue to confidence. The more things there are whether it is music, sport, drama, art or academics the more chances there are for every child to find something that they can enjoy and become god at.
          The real tragedy in sport is the shortage of team sports and it is these that suffer from playing fields being sold off. There is always going to be room for indoor sports halls.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Sport is as important as academics. If you are thick and can play sport then sport will give a child an avenue to confidence. The more things there are whether it is music, sport, drama, art or academics the more chances there are for every child to find something that they can enjoy and become god at.
            The real tragedy in sport is the shortage of team sports and it is these that suffer from playing fields being sold off. There is always going to be room for indoor sports halls.

Comment

every child to find something that they can enjoy and become god at.
              Jeez Dodgy, setting your expectations high enough?

Comment

I've calmed down now.

I wrote something similar to this about the importance of music in state schools previously but it stands for all Arts subjects and sports.

There are plenty of team sports that can be done without a playing field however there are plenty of sports regardless of whether they are team or not that cannot be done inside.

You can't learn to throw a javelin, shot put or discus inside.

Also the playing field in my secondary school was used for more than just PE lessons. The fact that the edges had hedges was useful for some science lessons. (Luckily some of the science teachers were also PE teachers. )

Comment

The little fat feckers just want to batter down 2 cans of relentless and play their gameboys. Sell the land I say.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    Jeez Dodgy, setting your expectations high enough?
                    What are you good at or interested in?

Dont tell me.. Online computer games
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X