• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lovely weather, drinking an ice cold Bath Ale in the garden

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely weather, drinking an ice cold Bath Ale in the garden

What could possibly destroy the tranquillity?

Oh I know:-

1. A police helicopter circling above for the last two hours, no doubt looking for Julian Assange.

2. My neighbour's grand-kids, the spawn of Beelzebub himself that have leapt out from the Gates of Hades and are now screaming and wailing at the top of their voices while their misguided parents offer platitudes along the lines of "prizes for all". Just to complete the Satanic picture, their names are Isaac, Jacob and Caleb or something

3. An orchestra of two-stroke lawn mowers recreating the score of Wagner's Ritt der Walküren with abnormal gusto

4. Food outlets appear to be devoid of fresh lobster.

I've a good mind to gaffer tape the throttle on the Ninja and let her run at 18,000 rpm with the Akrapovics screaming until the fuel tank empties...or explodes...

I need a bigger plot of land...or my own island...

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Get yourself another cold one out of the fridge.

Grab a cigar.

Feck 'em.

Comment

Could be worse - they could have given the three year old granddaughter a recorder to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Get yourself another cold one out of the fridge.

Grab a cigar.

Feck 'em.
        It worked! Thanks Pondy, it appears the blessed water has exorcised the imps back to whence they came.

Or I've suddenly lost my hearing...!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          Could be worse - they could have given the three year old granddaughter a recorder to play with.

Comment

Seen a pair of Spitfires and what looked like a Spitfire and a ME109 heading in formation Westwards over Kent

Must be an Air show on somewhere
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Could be worse. You could have driven to Cornwall to find it pissing down. FFS!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                3. An orchestra of two-stroke lawn mowers recreating the score of Wagner's Ritt der Walküren with abnormal gusto

Although I dunno if it's two stroke. Or what that means.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  2. My neighbour's grand-kids, the spawn of Beelzebub himself that have leapt out from the Gates of Hades and are now screaming and wailing at the top of their voices while their misguided parents offer platitudes along the lines of "prizes for all". Just to complete the Satanic picture, their names are Isaac, Jacob and Caleb or something
                  I bet they've all got "food intolerances" of kinds hitherto unknown to medical science, too

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Could be worse. You could have driven to Cornwall to find it pissing down. FFS!
                    Let me rephrase that. You could have driven to Cornwall to a farm to be woken up to thunder, lightening, pissing rain and a flooded landscape and then check your home address to see its having a heat wave!!!!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X