• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alternative barbecue recipes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative barbecue recipes

As this is probably the 50th barbecue this year, I am getting bored of the usual same-ol-same-ol on the bbq.

Foogled but can't find anything that you can

a) Actually get at a supermarket
    b) Sounds promising
    c) Won't take a score of sioux chefs 6 hours to prepare.

Any ideas?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Dunno about mains but try this for dessert.

Core apples, sit on a piece of foil and fill the core with brown sugar. Wrap completely in the foil and chuck on the bbq until the apple flesh has gone soft and the sugar absorbed.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

There are loads of recipes online for BBQ.

Try doing whole cuts of meat such as leg or shoulder of Lamb, get them boned and roast over indirect heat. Experiment with different marinades or rubs. Same for roast chicken, cut down the back bone to spatchcock it.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Chicken breasts, cubed and marinated in a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, coriander and cumin (all ground up and mixed together of course)

Serve with a salad made of chopped red onion, cucumber (minus the seeds) and tomato, with a squeeze of lemon, olive oil and chopped mint, and some flatbread / pitta bread.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          As this is probably the 50th barbecue this year, I am getting bored of the usual same-ol-same-ol on the bbq.

Foogled but can't find anything that you can

a) Actually get at a supermarket
          b) Sounds promising
          c) Won't take a score of sioux chefs 6 hours to prepare.

Any ideas?
          a) What BBQ have you got
          b) What is "same ol same ol"?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Get the Weber grill app, tells how to cook almost anything perfectly on a BBQ
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              Get the Weber grill app, tells how to cook almost anything perfectly on a BBQ
              Am looking forward to getting my big green egg.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Am looking forward to getting my big green egg.
                They're great

18 hours slow cooked pulled pork to die for.

Have you bought a table or a nest to put it in? They weigh a ton...
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Won't take a score of sioux chefs 6 hours to prepare.

Any ideas?
                  Is native american cusine particularly hard work?
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Salmon

Try Salmon fillets on the bbq, served in a ciabata.
                    Get a nice wedge of salmon WITH SKIN ON, cook skin side down until the skin no longer sticks to the grill, turn over, cook until other side no longer sticks to grill. Peel skin off, serve in Salmon Ciabatta burger. Did that while the GF was "fish vegan" (don't ask...) and it actually beats a normal burger by some way!
                    Don't wrap it in foil - it sucks if you wrap it in foil.

Comment

Working...
                    X