• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back from V Festival - too old for this!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from V Festival - too old for this!

Three days of much beer, no sleep.

Motorhome this year (aint cheap to hire mind!) cos I really am too old to camp these days....

Good crack though. Might be a bit old but seeing The Stranglers play Golden Brown was awesome.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Just out of curiosity, what did you pay to rent the motorhome? and where from?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Motorhome this year (aint cheap to hire mind!) cos I really am too old to camp these days....

Good crack though. Might be a bit old but seeing The Stranglers play Golden Brown was awesome.
      Bet they didn't do this version. (Yes that is Hugh Cornwell)

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

We've got a gig on Friday, then the following week and then the week after....

Rockabilly rules....

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Which one? Staffordshire or Chelmsford? I went ot the chelmsford one and had a great weekend

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            Just out of curiosity, what did you pay to rent the motorhome? and where from?
            motorhome.co.uk

They rent out from private owners all over the country. £740 for a week - not cheap.

(but avoid motroholme.co.uk - long story about to take them to court!)

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
              Which one? Staffordshire or Chelmsford? I went ot the chelmsford one and had a great weekend
              Staffs.... Traffic was nuts getting there Friday am and again yesterday am.

Comment

We stay (or used to pre kids) in a hotel and get the £5 bus from Stafford train station every day, much more civilised and a lot cheaper than a motorhome!
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

A friend and I are thinking of breaking our Festival cherry next year at Glasto, but we will be 38 then !! Already got a money making scheme in the pipeline by taking the Range Rover and towing the stuck-in-the-mud cars out at £50 a pop

Hope we can hack it. I'll be leaving my slippers and the Horlicks at home that weekend, but don't like to be in bed past 10 though

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
                    A friend and I are thinking of breaking our Festival cherry next year at Glasto, but we will be 38 then !! Already got a money making scheme in the pipeline by taking the Range Rover and towing the stuck-in-the-mud cars out at £50 a pop

Hope we can hack it. I'll be leaving my slippers and the Horlicks at home that weekend, but don't like to be in bed past 10 though
                    I've been going for several years now, Glasto is IMO the best atmosphere of all festivals. I'll be there next year for sure, well assuming I manage to get through see tickets terrible booking system.

Don't forget to register if you haven't already, ticket day is Sunday October 7th.. good luck
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X