• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barstewards!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barstewards!

Just found out that there is a £150 a day "discrepancy" between my rate and what the client thinks I'm getting.

Have lunch with the pimp today, not sure whether to bring it up then or just email.

They must be idiots to think I wouldn't find out given I'm the one producing the budget.

How have people handled this in the past?
    Last edited by norrahe; 21 August 2012, 10:27.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Have lunch with the pimp today, not sure whether to bring it up then
    Bring it up on his lap and then tell him about the rate discrepancy whilst he's too shocked to do anything else
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

You say "Before we get down to pleasantries let's get the nastiness out of the way. My rate. Your rate. Capiche!"
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        You say "Before we get down to pleasantries let's get the nastiness out of the way. My rate. Your rate. Capiche!"
        At which point do I punch them
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Are you saying that the agent is taking £150 a day more than the client thought? i.e. pimp has had you over a barrel and creaming it in? Firstly I would be cancelling lunch the litte c**t lol...

If the above is right then what the client pays the agent is nothing really to do with you and what the agent is paying you is nothing really to do with the client. Both these have been agreed and signed by the relevant parties. It isn't nice at all to find out the agent is shafting you but that is business and you did sign the contract.

I would mention to him in the meal you are now aware of what rate the client is paying the agent and will be expecting the agent to take no more than 12% of this from next renewal and that the client is on your side. When you get a renewal then happy days.

Normally I would say you shouldn't blackmail him in to giving you more on a threat to walk IMO. You agreed the deal and signed it in good faith. This is a lot of money though so maybe a very quick amicable chat will reap dividends, particularly if you are lunch terms with the pimp.

Apologies if I got the wrong end of the scenario.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            At which point do I punch them
            You should aways avoid violence....

Where witnesses may be present.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I will pretend you are the expereinced contractor we all know and love rather than a newbie who usually posts these questions but...........

Have you tried searching for older posts as this has been discussed before?!

Were you happy with the rate you agreed on at the time?!
              Last edited by SimonMac; 21 August 2012, 10:38.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Are you saying that the agent is taking £150 a day more than the client thought? i.e. pimp has had you over a barrel and creaming it in? Firstly I would be cancelling lunch the litte c**t lol...

If the above is right then what the client pays the agent is nothing really to do with you and what the agent is paying you is nothing really to do with the client. Both these have been agreed and signed by the relevant parties. It isn't nice at all to find out the agent is shafting you but that is business and you did sign the contract.

I would mention to him in the meal you are now aware of what rate the client is paying the agent and will be expecting the agent to take no more than 12% of this from next renewal and that the client is on your side. When you get a renewal then happy days.

Normally I would say you shouldn't blackmail him in to giving you more on a threat to walk IMO. You agreed the deal and signed it in good faith. This is a lot of money though so maybe a very quick amicable chat will reap dividends, particularly if you are lunch terms with the pimp.

Apologies if I got the wrong end of the scenario.
                I thought she said they were just having lunch ??????
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

And carry a pillow with you at all times to avoid bruising during negotiation.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    I thought she said they were just having lunch ??????
                    They are.. It's a Hot Lunch

Comment

Working...
                    X