• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rape Crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rape Crisis

From the Beeb
    ...The Bradford West MP suggested one of the women had claimed she invited Mr Assange back to her flat, had consensual sex with him and then "woke up to him having sex with her again - something which can happen, you know".

On the issue of whether this would constitute rape or not, Mr Galloway suggested that "not everybody needs to be asked prior to each insertion".

"Some people believe that when you go to bed with somebody, take off your clothes, and have sex with them and then fall asleep, you're already in the sex game with them.

"It might be really bad manners not to have tapped her on the shoulder and said, 'do you mind if I do it again?'

"It might be really sordid and bad sexual etiquette, but whatever else it is, it is not rape or you bankrupt the term rape of all meaning."

Rape Crisis said the MP's understanding of what constituted rape appeared to be "factually incorrect" and that if the woman concerned was asleep when the sexual encounter began, consent could not "reasonably" have been given.

"Having had consensual sex with a woman once does not give a man licence to then have sex with her again at any time and in any way he pleases and assume consent is given," a spokeswoman said.

"By the same token, having had consensual sex with someone once does not mean a woman has forever forfeited her right to withdraw or refuse her consent to further sex with that person.

"Sex without consent is rape. Mr Galloway's description of such sexual violence as 'really bad manners' is offensive and deeply concerning."
    Left to Rape Crisis, any man before entertaining any thoughts of having sex with a woman, must first view himself as a potential sex offender. In order to fulfill legal safety measures and obligations, the man should first make a written application to the woman and if his application is successful, the woman will provide her consent by virtue of a witnessed signature. The application is only valid for one session of insertion after which a continuation application must be made, signed and witnessed. A continuation application is NOT valid for a period of time exceeding 1 hour since previous insertion. A new complete application should be made in such circumstance.

OK then, so far so good. Now then ... what is on the application form ?
    • Passport style photo of the applicant
    • Name and address of applicant
    • Proof of identity
    • Occupation
    • Salary
    • CRB check
    • References
    • oh ... and the Application fee of course

The woman keeps the top copy and the applicant keeps the 2nd copy. 3rd copy must be sent to RapeCrisis or some other authorised regulatory body within 24 hours by the applicant.

Simples. Seems fair enough to me.

Galloway is a prize prat IMO and should not be getting involved in defining rape cases, he may well have some valid points but should not be sticking his nose in. Now dressing up like a cat and drinking milk on tv.. that's where his talent lies..

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate View Post
      From the Beeb

Left to Rape Crisis, any man before entertaining any thoughts of having sex with a woman, must first view himself as a potential sex offender. In order to fulfill legal safety measures and obligations, the man should first make a written application to the woman and if his application is successful, the woman will provide her consent by virtue of a witnessed signature. The application is only valid for one session of insertion after which a continuation application must be made, signed and witnessed. A continuation application is NOT valid for a period of time exceeding 1 hour since previous insertion. A new complete application should be made in such circumstance.

OK then, so far so good. Now then ... what is on the application form ?
      • Passport style photo of the applicant
      • Name and address of applicant
      • Proof of identity
      • Occupation
      • Salary
      • CRB check
      • References
      • oh ... and the Application fee of course

The woman keeps the top copy and the applicant keeps the 2nd copy. 3rd copy must be sent to RapeCrisis or some other authorised regulatory body within 24 hours by the applicant.

Simples. Seems fair enough to me.
      So having sex with a woman while she's asleep is fine by you?

Oh and Galloway is a ****. Anything he says, go the opposite way.

Comment

Galloway is a self publicising prick. He says and does things purely to get his name in the paper and keep his profile in the public eye
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk
          So having sex with a woman while she's asleep is fine by you?
          No ! Goodness me how horrific ! (not to mention embarrassing) I'd have my 2nd copy safely tucked away somewhere, and have a continuation application form completed and a pen ready to hand.

Like I said, seems fair enough to me.
          Last edited by BobTheCrate; 21 August 2012, 14:26.

Comment

ComedyFail thread of the day.

Comment

No ! Goodness me how horrific ! (Not to mentioning embarassing) I'd have my 2nd copy safely tucked away somewhere, and have a continuation application form completed and a pen ready to hand.

Like I said, seems fair enough to me.
              Good luck to you sir in your quest to lose your virginity! Nice to know you have the paperwork sorted, is it IR35 friendly?
              Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

[*]Salary
                I am not telling Mrs BP that!

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                  Good luck to you sir in your quest to lose your virginity! Nice to know you have the paperwork sorted, is it IR35 friendly?
                  He would have to ask DodgyAgent. Who no doubt will be getting his usual 30%.

Comment

Originally posted by Doomage
                    ... is it IR35 friendly?
                    Hmmmm ... but on those occasions she's not paying me, does the paperwork need to be IR35 friendly ?

Originally posted by BrilloPad
                    He would have to ask DodgyAgent. Who no doubt will be getting his usual 30%
                    They already took their %age 'cut' from me thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X