• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nightmares about Permiedom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightmares about Permiedom

This is a serious thing by the way....

Has anybody else suffered from recurring dreams of going back to permiedom?

In my dream:

- I suddenly leave contracting to go back to one of my permie roles
    - I see how the place has changed and I remember all the bad things about being permie
    - I look at my payslip and see how much I am earning
    - I wake up with sweats and a great deal of relief....

I have nightmares about disguised permiedom.

Comment

Actually lived through this nightmare - It was brutal. Ass fell out of current skills, couldn't buy a contract. Panicked and went perm, 50% pay cut, had to look at prices again, performance reviews from a total bellend, miles from home too and the warchest got burned so quick I could barely believe it.
      Took me 3 years to reinvent myself as someone else, get another job with the right job title, lie and cheat to get out of there and finally scored a contract.
      6 years back in the game and still scares me that it will go bump. Plan B is get a warchest so big and generating so much income that I am immune from this dodgy business. Need a good few years yet though....

Comment

I enjoyed my permiedom, doing interesting stuff in engineering and computers.

It ended 20+ years ago mind. I worked for some good bosses who saw me all right for promotions and pay increases, and I didn't have to bend over once.

Comment

I have nightmares about finding out some of the sockies on here are in fact real
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Blah blah blah
            Bellend.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Bellend.
              Harsh!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Bellend.
                that's an sy01 put down.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I have nightmares about finding out some of the sockies on here are in fact real
                  Straight up. I was a lucky permy.

Until we got made redundant.

But that led to 20+ years of happy contracting.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    This is a serious thing by the way....

Has anybody else suffered from recurring dreams of going back to permiedom?

In my dream:

- I suddenly leave contracting to go back to one of my permie roles
                    - I see how the place has changed and I remember all the bad things about being permie
                    - I look at my payslip and see how much I am earning
                    - I wake up with sweats and a great deal of relief....
                    FFS.

Why would anyone have nightmares about going back to permie ?

Comment

Working...
                    X