• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BrilloPad; a challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BrilloPad; a challenge

OK, I ain't going to do an iron man triathlon as my knees won't cope, BUT here's a challenge for you;

June 9, 2013, for the inaugural CUK cycling championship;

Gran Fondo Milan
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I will discuss with Mrs BP - but it looks like fun.

I also have my eye on doing back-to-back enduroman - 1st and 2nd June 2013( Home - Enduroman Events ).

Though the double ironman brutal in Sep 2013 looks fun - and has the advantage of not stopping overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      ).

Though the double ironman brutal in Sep 2013 looks fun -
      Fun? You really have been suffering some mental issues of late haven't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Fun? You really have been suffering some mental issues of late haven't you?
        Have you seen my post count recently?

Only 3 people said doing an iron man was a good idea. The race organizer(wanted the fee). My sister-out-law's boyfriend (wanted to shag the sister-out-law so did not want to upset her).

And one other from the white oak tri squad. Who appears amazingly normal. Well apart from his pierced nipples. And shaving his legs to help him race faster.....

Comment

I quite fancy the Vatternrundan

Just the logistics of getting self/bike there puts me off a bit.
          Last edited by mudskipper; 22 August 2012, 16:22. Reason: English link

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Just the logistics of getting self/bike there puts me off a bit.
            This is what I am thinking. I detest airports. I freak when I go through customs. Where do they find the low life that work there? In Ovtober we go to the KInder Hotel in Zell Am See. Mrs BP wants me to drop her, kids and bags at terminal. Then I park car and make my own way through.

The prospect of getting my bike through is a great challenge. Then getting bike from airport to hotel. Then doing it all in reverse.

Mich - I am willing to go to any bike meets that I can get to by ferry. I think you are cloggers based? Anything suitable? Belgium? France?

BP
            PS I must say the 290km is ideal though - a nice run out.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              This is what I am thinking. I detest airports. I freak when I go through customs. Where do they find the low life that work there? In Ovtober we go to the KInder Hotel in Zell Am See. Mrs BP wants me to drop her, kids and bags at terminal. Then I park car and make my own way through.

The prospect of getting my bike through is a great challenge. Then getting bike from airport to hotel. Then doing it all in reverse.

Mich - I am willing to go to any bike meets that I can get to by ferry. I think you are cloggers based? Anything suitable? Belgium? France?

BP
              PS I must say the 290km is ideal though - a nice run out.
              Most pleasant way is probably to take the train from Paris to Milan; it's all on The Man in Seat Sixty-One...

Otherwise, there are tour operators who run tours to the big gran fondo events.

Comment

Didn't the guy who invented jogging die while out jogging? Just saying like.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Didn't the guy who invented jogging die while out jogging? Just saying like.
                  I expect the guy who invented beer died while pissed, that doesn't make it wrong.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Didn't the guy who invented jogging die while out jogging?
                    No.

Comment

Working...
                    X