• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contract not working out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Contract not working out

Started my new place on Monday, first day was left on a office chair with no desk till after lunch. Finally got a desk and I have been placed away from all the devs and in amongst support staff who take calls all day. Apparently there were no spare desks where the devs are. Raised it with the dev lead and he said there are no desks. Also had a one page hand scrawled spec to work from.

Originally posted by louie View Post
    Started my new place on Monday, first day was left on a office chair with no desk till after lunch. Finally got a desk and I have been placed away from all the devs and in amongst support staff who take calls all day. Apparently there were no spare desks where the devs are. Raised it with the dev lead and he said there are no desks. Also had a one page hand scrawled spec to work from.
    Man up or **** off, in fact forget the former and concentrate on the latter!

HTH
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Why don't you just go home and sit in your bed winking all day?

Comment

How long is your notice period? I would let them know you're leaving now.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Welcome to our world

I am sure many on here could tell a simular story, it's part of the job.

As a contractor you need to have your own tools and processes in place to do your job.

If you called out a plumber you would expect him to have his own tools?

Get yourself together, get your laptop out and type up the specs, get your questions answered and get them signed off.

HTH
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            Why don't you just go home and sit in your bed winking all day?
            His mum caught him and he's now banned from closing his bedroom door
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Same happened to me. For 3 months I was located in a glass walled office called the "green house", on my own, in the middle of a busy trading floor. It had no AC and was sweaty as hell -there were half a dozen machines in there alongside me. All the TVs were attached to the glass outside, so most people were looking in my direction all day, which was very distracting as well as noisy.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                Same happened to me. For 3 months I was located in a glass walled office called the "green house", on my own, in the middle of a busy trading floor. It had no AC and was sweaty as hell -there were half a dozen machines in there alongside me. All the TVs were attached to the glass outside, so most people were looking in my direction all day, which was very distracting as well as noisy.
                I'm of the opinion that only a sad loser with no self respect would put up with bulltulip like that.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

As AP says you're clearly supposed to bring your own desk. Actually that would be pretty fun.

You could order one from Staples to be delivered to the client's address.

Obviously if Sas is listening, I mean Harrods not Staples
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I'm of the opinion that only a sad loser with no self respect would put up with bulltulip like that.
                    I was getting top dollar and so I kept my mouth shut. Just put the headphones on and got on with it. On the upside, there was quality food in the kitchen. Toilets were diabolical though.

Comment

Working...
                    X