• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

Been offered a 6 month extension from my IB direct client. Been a nice first year of contracting - though at the lower end of contract rates for my skill at banks.

Now to fish agents for much higher rates - I keep my current rate confidential with them. But is lying to agents about about the current rate fair game? They would never set me up for 1.4x my current rate otherwise.

have a agents do the same so I wouldn't feel guilty over it...
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
      Been offered a 6 month extension from my IB direct client. Been a nice first year of contracting - though at the lower end of contract rates for my skill at banks.

Now to fish agents for much higher rates - I keep my current rate confidential with them. But is lying to agents about about the current rate fair game? They would never set me up for 1.4x my current rate otherwise.
      When I am looking for a new role I only apply for role at the rate I want. When asked I always say I am on the rate I am applying for.

When offered the role I always ask for more money, sometimes I get, sometimes I don't.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        When I am looking for a new role I only apply for role at the rate I want. When asked I always say I am on the rate I am applying for.
        No problems with some agency wanting to verify it I hope. Of course it is none of their business. I'd be a bit more worried about an end client HR person wanting to verify - but then HR should not be involved with non-employees at all. Hopefully that does happen in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
          is lying to agents about about the current rate fair game?
          Not just fair game, but essential - don't trust any of em.

(I know there are exceptions, well actually no I don't, I know there were exceptions about 10 years ago).....

And no ones going to verify rates .

Comment

Working...
          X