PDA

View Full Version : How many real MEN are there in this forum?

trajectory
23rd June 2005, 09:30
I drink bitter and my interests include oggling birds and footy, so I'm OK.

What about the rest of you sad bedsit boys with your crusty sock puppets and kleenex?

SupremeSpod
23rd June 2005, 09:33
Real programmers drink bitter - in obscene quantities at that!
I also wear sandals with socks!

Spod - In "Thems my credentials" mode!

thunderlizard
23rd June 2005, 09:34
Don't drink bitter and football bores me silly. But I did once have my own lock-up on the Old Kent Road, so I think I qualify on a technicality.

Lucifer Box
23rd June 2005, 09:34
I seek out real ale microbreweries and am wearing shorts and flip flops. I think no better case need be made.

WageSlave1
23rd June 2005, 09:50
I love footie, boxing and ice hockey (used to be really into martial arts when I was younger). I oggle women and enjoy SHAW. I drink vodka.

I wear sharp suits and sport expensive haircuts from fashionable London salons.

I used to be a goth, and when I worked in America I went around in a pair of outrageous blue and black checked trousers. Who loves ya, baby ;)

SupremeSpod
23rd June 2005, 09:55
The center of Shaw is full of nutters on a Friday and Saturday night. Oldham is even worse!

btw WS, are you a Rugby League chap?

WageSlave1
23rd June 2005, 09:56
btw WS, are you a Rugby League chap?

Spod, why? What's the implication?

SupremeSpod
23rd June 2005, 10:05
OK, have you ever played Rugby League for your local team?

WageSlave1
23rd June 2005, 10:08
OK, have you ever played Rugby League for your local team?

Not rugby league; did play some union. Why?

MarillionFan
23rd June 2005, 10:08
Boxing, cricket, about a good 20pints a week, bit of weight lifting and lap dancing!

I mean anyone pays me a tenner and I'll happily gyrate around their lap. :p

NumptyCorner
23rd June 2005, 10:10
Why do rubgby players touch each other up?
Also at the drop of a hat will put on womens clothing, very hetro!

SupremeSpod
23rd June 2005, 10:12
Not rugby league; did play some union. Why?

I had an inkling that I knew who you were.

WageSlave1
23rd June 2005, 10:13
I had an inkling that I knew who you were.

And do you?

DodgyAgent
23rd June 2005, 10:17
I also wear sandals with socks!

Spod, I hope you have not grown a beard since I last saw you.

This thread worries me as it shows rather too many of you conforming to stereotype images of IT contractors :)

FrancoLondinium
23rd June 2005, 10:18
"bit of weight lifting "

That's when you wake up and rise from the bed. Oh dear, that must be heavy for your bones. :D

sasguru
23rd June 2005, 10:18
You all seem like raving poofs to me. Any real man , comfortable in his heterosexuality, as I am, would not rush to post his credentials on this thread.

The fact that I drive a Daihatsu Copen also proves how very straight I am.
:rollin

DodgyAgent
23rd June 2005, 10:19
Numpty,

I think you will find that real men are sufficiently confident of their masculinity to not worry about showing off their feminine side. Give us a kiss :D

DodgyAgent
23rd June 2005, 10:20

SAS dont you think you are going a bit far with this humility thing? :D

WageSlave1
Noddy Holder has a great suit in that 'Nibble Nobby's Nuts' ad.

NumptyCorner
Dodgy, hmmmm
:rolleyes

sandals with socks, looks very masculine

http://216.239.54.9/img/197/1056/640/socksnsandals.jpg

FrancoLondinium
It's a proven fact that all gays are bodybuilders, boxers, rugby players and drink a large amount of lager. That is because they feel they have to prove their masculinity. 8)

On the other hand, no real man would ever be involved with something as feminine as sas.

sasguru
23rd June 2005, 10:23
Dodgy,

The Copen comes into its own in the current weather. It is simply the best convertible hardtop apart from the Merc. Hoot to drive too.

See beyond the obvious.

WageSlave1
It's a proven fact that all gays are bodybuilders, boxers,

Franco, would you like to tell me that in person? :lol

BlasterBates
IT stereotypes

Mainframe:

Favourite music: Engelbert Humperdink, James Last
Favourite drink: Tea
Fashion: Dirty white shirt, crumpled tie.

Windows

Favourite Music: Madonna, Spice Girls and Michael Jackson
Favourite drink: Sprite
Fashion: braces, flared trousers, silk shirt

Unix
Favourite Music: Slade, Black Sabbath, Status Quo and Punk Music
Favourite Drink: Tetleys Bitter, Vodka and Coke
Fashion: Jeans, T-Shirt and long hair

sasguru
23rd June 2005, 10:24
>> On the other hand, no real man would ever be involved with something as feminine as sas.

You're learning, big boy:lol

NumptyCorner
23rd June 2005, 10:25
Some bodybuilders are Gay, but almost all are shortarses.

Lucifer Box
23rd June 2005, 10:38
Anyone fancy a game of kiss chase then?

Ooooh, chase me, chase me.

SupremeSpod
23rd June 2005, 10:47
Unix
Favourite Music: Slade, Black Sabbath, Status Quo and Punk Music
Favourite Drink: Tetleys Bitter, Vodka and Coke
Fashion: Jeans, T-Shirt and long hair

Ooooops. I'm only 38!

Mind, I blame it on the fact I used to write OS/2 device drivers.

Dodgy, not really a beard, us gingers can't grow a decent beard!

WageSlave1
23rd June 2005, 10:48
This thread worries me as it shows rather too many of you conforming to stereotype images of IT contractors

So Dodgy, what's your story? Are you another mockney agent with too much gel in his hair and a gormless expression?

DodgyAgent
23rd June 2005, 11:06
So Dodgy, what's your story? Are you another mockney agent with too much gel in his hair and a gormless expression?

This is about you not me :o

dotnetted
23rd June 2005, 12:17
IT stereotypes

you forgot...

.NET:

Favourite music: Indie, Alternative
Favourite drink: Gnats-piss
Fashion: London cool

:smokin

SupremeSpod
23rd June 2005, 12:23
.NET

Favourite music: Indie, Alternative
Favourite drink: Lager
Fashion: London cool

Lager? What Lager - Kestrel?

Gnats-piss, the lot of it!

NumptyCorner
23rd June 2005, 12:42
hoegaarden is nice, used to drink alot of real ale but then moved to london where ale is treated with contempt (warm) and the local beer has no head, apparently London is proud of it though.

wendigo100
23rd June 2005, 12:47
I also drink bitter and my interests include oggling birds, footy and tae kwon do. Manly, eh?

However, I don't like rugby or lager, I like pansy sports (cricket and golf), and I've got a wife and kids. Not manly.

So for me it's in the balance.

WageSlave1
23rd June 2005, 13:47
This is about you not me

Dodgy, let me guess; you're a bit of a lad, bit of a geezer. You shop at Topman and wear purple ties. You've got short dark hair, girls in the office giggle at your jokes and secretly fancy you.

You once got a little too cocky in a pub and cr@pped your pants when the guy threatened to chin you.

SupremeSpod
23rd June 2005, 14:07
Well, Dodgy did own a SAAB Convertible at one time...

WageSlave1
23rd June 2005, 14:10
Why is it that male agents all look the same? And why is it that when they take me out for lunch, I spend the entire afternoon insulting them and wanting to chin them?

EternalOptimist
23rd June 2005, 14:11
I have more hair on my @rse than I've got on my head - I must be a man

:rolleyes

DodgyAgent
23rd June 2005, 15:31
Why is it that male agents all look the same? And why is it that when they take me out for lunch, I spend the entire afternoon insulting them and wanting to chin them?

I have stopped taking contractors out for lunch. Instead I insult them from here where I know they cannot get me

SupremeSpod
23rd June 2005, 15:33
Instead I insult them from here where I know they cannot get me

Oh, yeah.....?

WageSlave1
23rd June 2005, 15:34
I have stopped taking contractors out for lunch. Instead I insult them from here where I know they cannot get me

There was a typo in my post. I want to insult them...I'm too polite to intentionally insult someone without provocation.

Dodgy, did I get the description right?

Alf W
23rd June 2005, 20:09
Isn't one of these 'has sired children'?

Proves you're man enough to bag a bird and everything's in full working order.

ps - anyone who drives an Audi TT is either an aggressive career woman or a man who is 'good with colours'.

DodgyAgent
23rd June 2005, 20:27
Dodgy, did I get the description right?

:hat

Diver
21st March 2008, 22:52
Numpty,

I think you will find that real men are sufficiently confident of their masculinity to not worry about showing off their feminine side. Give us a kiss :D

Dodgy started it all on 23rd June 2005, at 10:19

See! its not just a tpd thing at all :D

Diver
24th March 2008, 08:11
You all seem like raving poofs to me. Any real man , comfortable in his heterosexuality, as I am, would not rush to post his credentials on this thread.

:rollin

I don't drink alcohol, I like Opera, Ballet, Classical music, Flowers and have gay friends. does this mean I am not a real man? :eek:

BrowneIssue
24th March 2008, 08:23
I don't drink alcohol, I like Opera, Ballet, Classical music, Flowers and have gay friends. does this mean I am not a real man? :eek:And you decorated your own gaff so you must be "good with colours".

You're a raging poofta, mate. Raging.

Diver
24th March 2008, 08:29
And you decorated your own gaff so you must be "good with colours".

You're a raging poofta, mate. Raging.

Fek! and I thought I was the macho type :frown

I have the chest wig, gold medallion on chain, Leather waistcoat, the works. I even have a flick comb, coz it makes me look ard!
Hell! I even dance like Travolta!

Tensai
24th March 2008, 08:44

I have the chest wig, gold medallion on chain, Leather waistcoat, the works. I even have a flick comb, coz it makes me look ard!
Hell! I even dance like Freddie Mercury!

:spel

Diver
24th March 2008, 08:50

Freddie Mercury!

The man was a god!

What a performer :yay::music:

realityhack
24th March 2008, 11:11
Resurrecting a thread from almost 3 years ago just to prove a point... Impressive. Good work that man, and while handicapped too. :yay:

OwlHoot
24th March 2008, 11:13
I drink bitter and my interests include oggling birds ..

Oggling birds needn't mean you're a bloke - There are lots of female twitchers too you know, and some of them probably also drink bitter.

OH in "I remain to be convinced" mode

HRH
24th March 2008, 13:20
I play football to a good standard, drink bitter, have many women on the go and will have it with anyone that wants to step up. There are very few people on here who I can imagine being as real as me. There are plenty of nobs who go and watch the rugby/football in the pub and get "wankered" while pretending they have ever played either sport, you knpw the types who have subscriptions to Nuts magazine, put when push comes to shove they don't wanna know.

Clippy
24th March 2008, 13:43
I play table football to a good standard, am bitter, have many imaginery women on the internet and will sh!t it when anyone that wants to steps up. There are very few people on here who I can imagine being as FOS as me. There are plenty of nobs, me included, who go and watch the rugby/football in the pub and get "winkered" while pretending they have ever played either sport, you knpw the types who have subscriptions to Nuts magazine (my favourite), put when push comes to shove they don't wanna know.

That's better.

Reason for editing: Original poster is a bit simple.

HRH
24th March 2008, 14:05

That's better.

Reason for editing: Original poster is a bit simple.

FYI, I put you in the above bracket-a wanabe me type.x

realityhack
24th March 2008, 14:13
Yawn

:tired

Clippy
24th March 2008, 15:44
FYI, I put you in the above bracket-a wanabe me type.x

Hmm, I'm not the carpenter who's hanging about an IT Contractors forum.

Guess that makes you the wannabe.

HRH
24th March 2008, 18:55
Hmm, I'm not the carpenter who's hanging about an IT Contractors forum.

Guess that makes you the wannabe.

Jeez when will you learn, as I have said before feel free to ask webby what kind of company I work for.... I can't believe how easily some were sucked in by the whole carpentry thing.

Clippy
24th March 2008, 19:28
Jeez when will you learn, as I have said before feel free to ask webby what kind of company I work for.... I can't believe how easily some were sucked in by the whole carpentry thing.

Yawn :tired

BrilloPad
24th March 2008, 19:37

What about the rest of you sad bedsit boys with your crusty sock puppets and kleenex?

You don't have a clue.

I work hard in a job I hate to provide for my children. Furthermore I have been arrested for fighting for the right to see my children(and for all men to see their children).

That makes me the most real MAN on here. It is our relationship with our children that defines us.

tay
24th March 2008, 20:09
You don't have a clue.

I work hard in a job I hate to provide for my children. Furthermore I have been arrested for fighting for the right to see my children(and for all men to see their children).

That makes me the most real MAN on here. It is our relationship with our children that defines us.

Oh bugger off and stop being such a self important git. People without children are just as defined as those without it. The fact you chose a shite wife that meant you now bore the bejesus out of anyone you come in contact with about how the rest of your life is crappy and bitter, doesnt make you the most real man on here, it just makes you the guy who makes the stupidest decisions.

You would have been fine claiming that providing for your children is a manly trait.. but blowing your trumpet as the 'most real MAN' on here is just stupid.

SueEllen
24th March 2008, 20:18
Oh bugger off and stop being such a self important git. People without children are just as defined as those without it. The fact you chose a tulipe wife that meant you now bore the bejesus out of anyone you come in contact with about how the rest of your life is crappy and bitter, doesnt make you the most real man on here, it just makes you the guy who makes the stupidest decisions.

You would have been fine claiming that providing for your children is a manly trait.. but blowing your trumpet as the 'most real MAN' on here is just stupid.

Entire thread = :tired YAWN

HRH
24th March 2008, 21:52
Yawn :tired

send me your work site email address and I'll send you one from mine if it means that much.

BrowneIssue
25th March 2008, 00:21
"How many real MEN are there in this forum?"

Having read this thread I think I know the answer.

Two.

One is called Gazza and drives trucks. He posts here under the pseudonym CM.

The other is Katie but I can't work out who he is.

Diver
25th March 2008, 00:41

Two.

:hug:

Churchill
25th March 2008, 07:28

Hell! I even dance like Travolta!

Oh, so you're "light on your feet" then, eh?;)

BrilloPad
25th March 2008, 07:47
Oh bugger off and stop being such a self important git. People without children are just as defined as those without it. The fact you chose a tulipe wife that meant you now bore the bejesus out of anyone you come in contact with about how the rest of your life is crappy and bitter, doesnt make you the most real man on here, it just makes you the guy who makes the stupidest decisions.

But of course you associate real men with rugby. which you are useless at.

HRH
25th March 2008, 08:27

Brillo pad, the problem I has with most FFJ types it this. I have a friend at the moment who is pretty serious with a women that I know is trouble, she is a schemer and I don't like her-I have actually pretty much fallen out with my best mate because I'm honest about my feelings for her. Now I heard last week they are engaged, with a view to getting married within a year.

NOW- Im convinced this won't work out, IF it lasts over two years they'll no doubt have kids and maybe in 7 years time it will be my mate on top of a crane dressed as spiderman. When/if this happens I will not have any sympathy, he was warned b me, his mates, his family and he chose to ignore them because he was in love/lust.

I think if most FFJ members are honest they too will have been warned about their ex wives at some point and were too blind to see her faults. I have no sympathy for weak men who get taken in by these women.

sorry.

Churchill
25th March 2008, 08:30
Brillo pad, the problem I has with most FFJ types it this. I have a friend at the moment who is pretty serious with a women that I know is trouble, she is a schemer and I don't like her-I have actually pretty much fallen out with my best mate because I'm honest about my feelings for her. Now I heard last week they are engaged, with a view to getting married within a year.

NOW- Im convinced this won't work out, IF it lasts over two years they'll no doubt have kids and maybe in 7 years time it will be my mate on top of a crane dressed as spiderman. When/if this happens I will not have any sympathy, he was warned b me, his mates, his family and he chose to ignore them because he was in love/lust.

I think if most FFJ members are honest they too will have been warned about their ex wives at some point and were too blind to see her faults. I have no sympathy for weak men who get taken in by these women.

sorry.

Jonathan, why do you use "HRH" and "RRH" as your log-in?

Diver
25th March 2008, 08:32
Jonathan, why do you use "HRH" and "RRH" as your log-in?

He has visions of grandeur :D

HRH
25th March 2008, 08:48
I was at my parents house where I used to post as RRH and could not remember what my login was so I just kept it as RRH as eveyone knows they're both me anyway.

Churchill
25th March 2008, 08:52
I was at my parents house where I used to post as RRH and could not remember what my login was so I just kept it as RRH as eveyone knows they're both me anyway.

Yup, we know who and what you are.

realityhack
29th March 2008, 00:15
I play football to a good standard, drink bitter, have many women on the go and will have it with anyone that wants to step up. There are very few people on here who I can imagine being as real as me. There are plenty of nobs who go and watch the rugby/football in the pub and get "winkered" while pretending they have ever played either sport, you knpw the types who have subscriptions to Nuts magazine, put when push comes to shove they don't wanna know.
Jonathan, I'd like you to forgive me for the link I'm about to post... I really can't resist, I know you'll understand. And if not... I'm willing to take that risk.

I know the following is done in jest, but it just sits so well with your postulations as a 'real man', reminds me of that bloke in the last Apprentice series who attempted to rap.

RRH/HRH, massif (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qATTffq6QuU) :music: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qATTffq6QuU)

(btw - rotate the video :))

administrator
29th March 2008, 00:28
RRH/HRH, massif (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qATTffq6QuU) :music: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qATTffq6QuU)

Oh dear.

threaded
29th March 2008, 05:29
Jonathan, I'd like you to forgive me for the link I'm about to post... I really can't resist, I know you'll understand. And if not... I'm willing to take that risk.

I know the following is done in jest, but it just sits so well with your postulations as a 'real man', reminds me of that bloke in the last Apprentice series who attempted to rap.

:rollin: Good find there!

BrilloPad
29th March 2008, 18:29

"This video has been removed by the user"...

Diver
30th March 2008, 05:33
"This video has been removed by the user"...

:rollin::rollin::rollin:

I am so glad I downloaded a copy :D

cailin maith
30th March 2008, 21:22

Two.

BI - do you mean me - I'm Bazza not Gazza :spank:

ferret
30th March 2008, 21:59
:rollin::rollin::rollin:

I am so glad I downloaded a copy :D

Me too :laugh

http://www.techcrunch.com/get-youtube-movie/

:yay:

MarillionFan
9th October 2012, 19:44

Real men come across a thread years later and bump it. :devil

SueEllen
9th October 2012, 19:47

DICK

BrilloPad
9th October 2012, 19:49

I prefer to come elsewhere - but whatever floats your boat.

MarillionFan
9th October 2012, 19:54
DICK

Come on Sue, stop playing hard to get, is a shag out of the question tonight or not?:cool:

MaryPoppins
9th October 2012, 20:00
DICK

:laugh:laugh:laugh

You're really going for it now Suzy!

SueEllen
9th October 2012, 22:05
Come on Sue, stop playing hard to get, is a shag out of the question tonight or not?:cool:

Go play with traffic.

MarillionFan
9th October 2012, 22:07
Go play with traffic.

So that's a green light then. :happy

Zippy
9th October 2012, 22:08

Possibly not for her. Definitely for you.

HTH

Troll
10th October 2012, 05:20
Why do rubgby players touch each other up?
Also at the drop of a hat will put on womens clothing, very hetro!...and footballers are so macho

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/football-kiss-gary-neville-and-paul-scholes.jpg

Troll
10th October 2012, 05:21
So that's a green light then. :happyIt wasn't a "no" - think she's being coy

SupremeSpod
10th October 2012, 07:22

DICK

Go play with traffic.

So that's a green light then. :happy

Playground flirting at its best.

BrilloPad
10th October 2012, 07:51
It wasn't a "no" - think she's being coy

Or in need of rohypnol

SupremeSpod
10th October 2012, 07:52
Or in need of rohypnol

Ahhh, a daddies little helper...

psychocandy
10th October 2012, 10:23

Interests Footy - Must be a girl then