• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First fall in GCSE grades in exam's history

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First fall in GCSE grades in exam's history

Anger over 'harsh' English GCSE grades

Are we as a nation any better educated for the year-on-year 'improvements' over the previous 25 years? I suggest the evidence points to the opposite.

It was about time someone applied some common sense and called a halt to this.

Inbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
      Inbelievable.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
        Inbelievable.
        Undeed.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

My Nephew got his results through this morning. He got a grade "B" in Spanish. He's 13.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            My Nephew he got his results through this morning. He got a grade "B" in Spanish. He's 13.
            How is young Miguel?
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              How is young Miguel?
              He hates the language, only took it because it's a pre-requisite for a business course he wants to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Anger over 'harsh' English GCSE grades

Are we as a nation any better educated for the year-on-year 'improvements' over the previous 25 years? I suggest the evidence points to the opposite.

The twats in the Education "establishment" had a fright when the Government threatened put them out of a job by replacing GCSEs etc with Bacalaureats.

This is just a reluctant show of rigour and honesty for a change, to buy themselves a bit of time.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  The results suggest they have.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    The twats in the Education "establishment" had a fright when the Government threatened put them out of a job by replacing GCSEs etc with Bacalaureats.

This is just a reluctant show of rigour and honesty for a change, to buy themselves a bit of time.
                    but there is the mystical Bacalaureat running now. 5 GCSE's of A-C English, Math, 2 Science and a MFL.

My daughter went down this path and was surprised when she found out there is no certificate for it

Comment

Working...
                    X