• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Open Letter to The Daily Telegraph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Open Letter to The Daily Telegraph

Sir,

As a conservative, I have to admit to being a little
    perplexed by your newspaper's employment of one Dan Hodges, "The Blairite cuckoo in the Miliband nest", to whom daily front page column space seems to be allocated as a virtual soapbox from which he can spout his neo-liberal bilge.

Might strongly suggest that a friendly editorial hand on the shoulder give him a gentle nudge in the direction of the Guardian or the
    Independent otherwise I shall be cancelling my long standing subscription of 30 years and finding a publication guaranteed to provide me with the right wing reactionary guff I need to make me splutter into my cornflakes every morning.
    Yours Faithfully,
    Malcolm Terence Vaughan Buggeridge
    Last edited by Malcolm Buggeridge; 23 August 2012, 13:31. Reason: typo

You're a small-c conservative then?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      He's a big-c C***.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

last time I looked this wasn't the daily telegraph, so why don't you f off and post it somewhere else.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Yes. I was both but I don't feel the Conservative party represents us small c conservatives any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
            Yes. I was both but I don't feel the Conservative party represents us small c conservatives any more.
            Labour Party for you then

Linky
            Last edited by Troll; 23 August 2012, 14:03. Reason: added linky
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I think it's time you stopped following these useless parties that aren't here to represent us - using only their surrealist, egotistical vision of what a government should be to represent their own views. Nope. MPs should represent their consituents. Not a party.

It's time to bring in a virtual government and have everything done "Britain's Got Talent Style" via a Saturday evening poll. There's no need for representatives any more. Why have a middleman who we know are all on the take. True democracy will put power in the hands of the people - no matter how scary that may sound. I'm sure within weeks we'll have the death penalty back on the agenda. And we'll be out the Euro. But we'll only find out if we let the people who actually live in the country make the decisions that affect them - rather than an intermediary who happens to be a disguised beuracrat.

What I do like - is that we'll finally be able to vote to cut taxes and raise spending - thereby bankrupting the country ourselves, rather than letting a political party do it for us. Maybe some simple ground rules needed first - like - no matter what people vote to spend money on - the country can't spend more than it raises in taxes - and can't borrow - unless it's to cover unexpected shortages in income - not to pay pensions or pay off existing loans or for building new schools - as attractive as that is.

Oh, hang on, this could take some time. But you get the idea. Think of it as no 10 petitions gone into overdrive. Each night from 8-10 the top 10 issues on no 10 will be disucssed on air - with a nunber of "experts". Bit like questions time or the sunday show. Voters can ring in and join the debate. Then at the end - a phone poll decides what happens to the motion. Aye or Nay. Call the Show - "The Nations Motions". LOL.

Actually forget my issues about budgets - there should be no rules - if some silly bank wants to lend the UK 30 trillion - we'll take it - remember - the bank doesn't have an army or nukes or the ability to make laws! Whatever is the most important issue affecting the nation will be what gets discussed and voted on.

I think I'm off to register my first motion that "I hereby propose that all reality TV shows are banned from air between the hours of 0:00am and 23:59pm". (The unitended consequence is that there will be a 1 minute window where we still have to suffer tulip).

My second motion is that we should ban the sale of foreign oil burning cars and only locally made electrically powered vehicles can be sold. There's enough companies in the uk with right kowledge to make this happen by the end of 2013. It would lead to immediate full employment. And inflation.

so - I hereby propose that all wages and prices are frozen at their 2012 levels. Things won't get more expensive and you'll be able to plan for retirement better knowing what you'll be earning for the next 20-40 years.

If people like the EU have an issue with this... my next motion is that "The England should leave the UK, the WTO and anything other organsations that puts the interests of large international businesses before those of the citizens of the UK - or any other country for that matter."

In fact - I propose that the mechanism of central government be entirely abandoned and everyone becomes responsible for saving for times of no work/retirement; training themselves; looking after their health and personal safety so they don't spend money in hospitals; maintaing a stash of weapons to deal with criminals & foreign invaders; educating themselves in matters such as economics, science and technology, living sustainably, health and warfare tactics.

In otherwords we should go back to being citizens who participate in our own affairs instead of consumers who have a governement who has outsourced anything of any use to a foreign company, with shares held by the MPs. Probably.
              Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
                I think it's time you stopped following these useless parties that aren't here to represent us - using only their surrealist, egotistical vision of what a government should be to represent their own views. Nope. MPs should represent their consituents.....
                I think you need a sit down and a nice cup of tea.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
                  I shall be cancelling my long standing subscription of 30 years and finding a publication guaranteed to provide me with the right wing reactionary guff I need
                  I think you want BNP caravaning monthly.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    I think you need a sit down and a nice cup of tea.
                    That's how we got in this mess in the first place. Too many people sitting around tea and biscuits and not actually doing anything.
                    Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Working...
                    X