• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Victimisation at work.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victimisation at work.

Is alive and well. My lad who works in a retail operation is on the receiving end of a witch's outright victimisation. You name it, she's doing it, bullying, victimisation, sexual discrimination, the lot.

Not so long ago, he was won an award with his company for an outstanding year. But then his management team moved on and a new manager (female) came in.

Within 3 months of her taking over (its her first managerial position in this country), she's doing everything she can to destroy his career with disciplinary cases here, there and everywhere. Even his deputy manager has said the treatment is appalling but does nothing to help.

I've advised him to join the union to hopefully get some protection for what its worth. He's going to have to change jobs because its only going to end one way (unless she gets run over by a bus).

Thing is, I just dont understand how an organisation can reward someone for a year's outstanding performance then, take no notice when trumped up issues suddenly arise against someone who previously had an unblemished work record.

I honestly feel like going down there and giving her a taste of Bolshie's right fist. Its pretty gut wrenching seeing your kids being treated like this and not being able to do much.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

This kinda thing pisses me off royally and have heard similar tales from family/friends.

Get advice quick. There are a lot of things she can be doing in the mean time. Saving mails, keeping a daily log with eveidence of actions, trying to find a friend in the system to validate what is said in the diary etc. The diary can be unsubstantiated but it makes them having to explain their actions rather than just arguing so puts them on the back foot immediately even if it just your sons view.

These things are unfortunately your word v their word which stops it going any further, when it is their word against a heap of validated evidence whatever action you decide to take can be over very quickly.

I am sure there are plenty of forums for this but an employment lawyer would be your first port of call. The cost of a couple of sessions with him would easily be outweighed by the results of legal action plus saving your sons career.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

1. Go to doctor, and say stress due to work.
      2. Go to HR and say now on medication for stress do to work place harassment.
      3. Chill, take some time off work and enjoy.

Comment

WJS.

Or, grow a pair - bullied and sexually discriminated against by a bird?!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          This kinda thing pisses me off royally and have heard similar tales from family/friends.

Get advice quick. There are a lot of things she can be doing in the mean time. Saving mails, keeping a daily log with eveidence of actions, trying to find a friend in the system to validate what is said in the diary etc. The diary can be unsubstantiated but it makes them having to explain their actions rather than just arguing so puts them on the back foot immediately even if it just your sons view.

These things are unfortunately your word v their word which stops it going any further, when it is their word against a heap of validated evidence whatever action you decide to take can be over very quickly.

I am sure there are plenty of forums for this but an employment lawyer would be your first port of call. The cost of a couple of sessions with him would easily be outweighed by the results of legal action plus saving your sons career.
          Yes, I've told him for the last 2 months (it blew up that quick!) he needs to keep a diary of these things on a daily basis and hence my suggestion of joining a union even in the short term ie to make sure all procedure is by the book.

The latest 'charge' is literally based on her (the manager's) word against his. He has obtained a statement from a friend who was in the store where he works at the time the 'incident' took place but i dont know how much weight this will carry.

I asked if there was any cctv in the store to support him but he doesnt think there is.

The whole thing is weighing him down. The employment lawyer is a good suggestion and I think I'll investigate this on his behalf. Thanks.

Comment

Lol at NLUk re: emails.

I'm assuming Bolshie Jnr is at the arse end of retail. Till, stocking up, serving customers etc. At that end of the spectrum you meet some right old power trip twunts and some of the tricks. I did loads of retail jobs before Uni including the youngest manager at 19 of a well known Dry Cleaning company. I lasted no more than 2 months in that as someone stole a days takings from a shop I was covering for a day. Both girls said it was there when I arrived one when I left. Both girls where leaving the following week to get married. Also remember getting a little shelf stacking at 17 in a COOP. Turned up for my first evening and before I'd even started the supervisor, a piss poor educated fella bawled me out for wearing trainers. It had not been mentioned. Laying the law down in front of the team he tried to humiliate me, telling me to go back home, change and then come back down where I'd have my first evenings wages docked. I told him then and there to **** off, squared up to him and told him I'd kick his head in when he left work. Made me feel better especially as I fooked off went to the pub and got a different tulipty job the next day.

If he's at the arse end, I'm afraid it's the lap of the gods.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              WJS.

Or, grow a pair - bullied and sexually discriminated against by a bird?!
              You're a ******* idiot. Its a manager, dickhead.

Why dont you grow a pair and just pay up under BN66?

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                I honestly feel like going down there and giving her a taste of Bolshie's right fist. Its pretty gut wrenching seeing your kids being treated like this and not being able to do much.
                Know what you mean but it's probably not the best course of action (save it for later)- bullying, victimisation, sexual discrimination are all illegal and your son needs to start keeping an audit trail of events & should log everything no matter how trivial

Then take it to HR with the threat of starting "constructive dismissal" proceedings

Play the bitch at her own game

HTH
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

If it’s that bad just open a grievance with HR and make it official. It will then stop right away, but he’ll have to go through the process...best to find another job anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                    If it’s that bad just open a grievance with HR and make it official. It will then stop right away, but he’ll have to go through the process...best to find another job anyway.
                    WHS - he must make a formal complaint to HR. If nothing is done, leave and take company to court for constructive dismissal.

Comment

Working...
                    X