• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breivik judged sane

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breivik judged sane

No-one 'sane' would do something like that IMO. Means his maximum sentence is 21 years, that's less than 100 days per victim.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    No-one 'sane' would do something like that IMO. Means his maximum sentence is 21 years, that's less than 100 days per victim.
    He'd have to be sane to create, prepare and execute a plan on that scale.

It's not as if someone put everything in place and just told him to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      He'd have to be sane to create, prepare and execute a plan on that scale.

It's not as if someone put everything in place and just told him to pull the trigger.
      Raises an interesting point about sanity.
      Plenty of sociopaths who I would say are not quite "sane" in high positions of power in politics and business.
      Blair isn't quite sane, have you seen his mad staring eyes?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

In 1943 some British chaps climbed aboard their bomber planes and burned to death 30,000 men, women and children in Hamburg.

Were they heroes or criminals? Were they sane or insane?

Everything is relative. The terrorists of today are the statesmen and heroes of tomorrow.

Comment

Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

The unfortunate bit is that he wanted to be declared sane so that he could claim it was a political act, not one of a madman.

In that sense he has won.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

He's sane, but crazy.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Amazing - but I am pleased they've judged him sane, although his actions were insane.

Without wanting to sound perverse, the positive I took out of watching these trials when I was on the bench, was that we are going to learn so much about the minds of people like this.

He's been totally open and forthcoming with his thoughts (other than his knights templar stuff) and hopefully criminologists are on a gold mine with him - I want the trial to drag on and on to get as much intel as we can.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
                  In 1943 some British chaps climbed aboard their bomber planes and burned to death 30,000 men, women and children in Hamburg.

Were they heroes or criminals? Were they sane or insane?

Everything is relative. The terrorists of today are the statesmen and heroes of tomorrow.
                  Sane, brave heroes. They were trying to end a self-styled total war started by Germany.
                  The people ultimately responsible for the death of those Germans was Hitler and the Nazi party.
                  HTH
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Sane, brave heroes. They were trying to end a self-styled total war started by Germany.
                    The people ultimately responsible for the death of those Germans was Hitler and the Nazi party.
                    HTH
                    ... and the people who voted for them.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X