• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop moaning and tackle anti-social behaviour yorselves!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop moaning and tackle anti-social behaviour yorselves!!!

Home Secretary John Reid is facing an outcry over plans for a publicity campaign urging people to "stop moaning" and tackle anti-social behaviour themselves. The initiative follows weeks of damaging disclosures about the Home Office in the wake of the foreign prisoners deportation fiasco. The Home Office would not confirm the plan, although one official suggested that it was "just one idea among many" being considered.

Yeah right, more like get your property/car smashed to pieces for telling a group of rowdy teenagers to stop spitting and urinating against your garden wall and then get PC Plod giving you a warning because one of them has made a complaint and could be mentally scarred.

I really want to try device this out somewhere, reckon you could become addicted
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...16/noise16.xml

I do believe that preventing 'rowdy teenagers' from smashing in your car is a violation of their human rights.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
      I do believe that preventing 'rowdy teenagers' from smashing in your car is a violation of their human rights.
      The right to self-defence is a little different from politicians telling you "deal with it yourself as we can't give you any protection despite paying 40% of your taxes in social services".
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Of all the barking lunatic ideas brought to us by NewLie, this has to take first prize. Stop moaning, go out and tackle the thugs yourself, and you may just survive long enough to get treated on the NHS. God help you then.
        I can't wait for the first person accused of "assaulting" one of these thugs to quote the Home Secretary in his defence. The Tories should be having a field day with this idiot, and I haven't heard a peep from them
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
          The Tories should be having a field day with this idiot, and I haven't heard a peep from them
          Extensive piece on Radio 4 this morning with David Davies in the blue corner. Largely ineffectual attack skillfully (although it pains me to say it) defused by the New Labour drone of the day. "Just silly season tabloid hysteria about one line in a 7 page discussion document", he said. "Surely we're allowed to float any and all ideas for discussion as a responsible government - only the best ones make it to the statute books".

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
            only the best ones make it to the statute books".
            That's just taking the piss
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

In fairness to Labour, I believe this was just one line taken out of context in a large submission document, BUT:
              Isn't it worrying how Labour moves the focus of the problem to the taxpayer (i.e. do more about reporting the crime youselves), instead of resourcing more police and targeting them in the areas that matter? The onus is somehow shifted to us; you know John Reid is almost making me feel guilty for there not being enough plod on our streets. Neat trick, that.
              "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

If the idea is that each town can raise its own militia financed through local taxation and impose "local justice" on the miscreants then I am all for it

Comment

I thought it was just another aspect of New Lies modus operandi: it's always someone else who has made the mistakes.

In this case it is the public, and in a way they are correct, they after all voted for that shower of incompetants.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

incompetents
                    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Working...
                    X