• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency websites or Job Boards.... what's best for IT contracts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency websites or Job Boards.... what's best for IT contracts?

Agency websites,Job Boards, CV registration.... what's best for IT contracts? Are there any strong preferences or sound reasons in favour of a particular job search method?

You have 109 posts and you have to ask that???

I don't even feel I need to say the needful to you as you should know what to do before asking a basic question.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And just so I can't be called unhelpful....

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-new-jobs.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ob-boards.html

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You have 109 posts and you have to ask that???

I don't even feel I need to say the needful to you as you should know what to do before asking a basic question.

Just curious about current trends. Unlike some, I don't have sufficient time to follow all the threads here so I may have missed something. Also I am fortunate to not have needed to do much job seeking in the last five or so years.

Comment

Check the threads about linkedIn and it's value then. Opinion seems split on it's usefulness but can't deny people are getting work through it.

Comment

Very helpful and I don't mind you barking at me. I probably deserve it and a little humiliation is always good for the soul!

Thanks northernladuk.

Comment

Jobsite seems to get the same posts as jobserve. I think about 80% of ads on them are for a combination of cv harvesting and business development.

LinkedIn can be of use. A lot of agents try to connect to you with a project offer which often does not materialise.

Comment

But those threads are at best two years out of date so maybe the OP would like some more up to date advice?

Perhaps someone who doesn't check the currency of their references isn't cut out to be a contractor?

Comment

In my recent experience, based on the rather crude measure of counting no. of cold calls from agents, both jobsite and cv-library have each generated about the same interest as all of theitjoboard, jobserve, totaljobs and cwjobs put together.

However that statistic does not account for quality of the leads! In particular cv-library is stronghold of permie roles. Also I don't always get to know which site an agent used to find my CV.

In terms of searching/applying for jobs, the same jobs seem to appear on all of them anyway - someone here said they are syndicated.

I would be interested to know of any sites not mentioned above that people have found useful.

Comment

Working...
                  X