• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Anyone tried it yet? Thoughts? Worth it?

Looks shiny

Last edited by escapeUK; 25 August 2012, 16:14.

I stopped playing computer games when the controls started to go beyond q, z, i, p and space-bar.

Comment

CS 1.6 was my favourite ever game so couldn't pass this one up! Had a few goes so far and am getting my eye back in so not doing too bad. Am liking the "Arms Race" game mode, good fun. The rest is pretty much as it was - not sure if any new maps etc as not had much time for it. Worth the money IMO.

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
      I stopped playing computer games when the controls started to go beyond q, z, i, p and space-bar.

You only need w, a, s, d, space and ctrl as well as the mouse

Comment

Too busy playing TF2 MvM.

Oh and if you play Pyro in TF2 you only need w and m1. ( and m2 if you feel like showing off.)
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It got a good review on eurogamer.net 9/10.

Word on the street is that its got the original mechanics of counter strike with a new skin and polished bits here and there.

I myself am a Battlefield 3 junkie on xbox 360 multiplayer.

Comment

It reminds me of most of these sort of games. You come around a corner, see someone first, start shooting at them, they start shooting back, I die. Am I that bad an aim and they that amazing? I even had this happen when I came up behind someone!

After this happens about 20 times, I ALT-F4 and go and do something less boring instead.

Online games, full of cheaters.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              It reminds me of most of these sort of games. You come around a corner, see someone first, start shooting at them, they start shooting back, I die. Am I that bad an aim and they that amazing? I even had this happen when I came up behind someone!

After this happens about 20 times, I ALT-F4 and go and do something less boring instead.

I got quite into Counterstrike for a while, but it was just like that. Even when I managed to creep up behind somebody and open fire they'd still somehow turn round and kill me with a single shot before I'd killed them.

I suspect in my case I really was that crap.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post

It's not just me then! So where do I find a guide to cheating on PS3 and XBOX? If you can beat em join em. I used to think it wsa my ISP was too slow - but I've now got a 30mb/s connection with 40ms ping. I see someone walking across in front of me - open fire they turn and fire back killing me, aaaaarggh. Results at the end of a game are usally everyone else has 15-20 kills, 2 or 3 deaths. Me I am lucky to get 1 kill and have 8 or 9 deaths.

I get so frustrated after about 5 games I turn it off again and do a couple of laps of Nordschlieffe instead (by bouncing of the barriers in my Bugatti).
                Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Working...
                X